GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Price negotiations for a GTI (Canada-US)

Z27

Ready to race!
Truecar has $1500 under invoice for SE and Autobahn in NJ. Yes I said INVOICE.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Phil1

Ready to race!
MSRP was $30,910 - Invoice was $29,931- I paid $27,000 for a GTI Se 4 door DSG w/LP

It was a car that was already on stock at your dealer or brand new delivery ? How many kms as you bought it ? Some dealers are using new cars as demonstrators for the first 80km, then they sell them as new cars.
How can you explain that your dealer decided to lose 29,931-27,000=2,931$ ?

santorina4

Ready to race!
I got $1,230 off MSRP ($31,230) in the Dallas, TX area. So it was $30,000 for an SE 4dr with DSG, lighting package, roadside assitance kit, monster mats, cargo mat and blocks. Right after finishing all the paperwork, another dealer came back and offered their car at $29,577. Wish they would have been better at responding, as they had the color I really wanted.

Last edited:

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
I paid $28,500 yesterday for a night blue, 4 Door, DSG, SE, w/lighting package, monster mats, first aid kit, and cargo blocks. MSRP was $31,180 and this was in the Philly area.

Burdman

Passed Driver's Ed
IMHO the biggest thing you need to worry about is getting your own financing as someone mentioned before. Most of the time dealer affiliated banks wont give you as low of an interest rate as your personal bank. Getting a car for under or over MSRP depends on so many different factors, not including your dealer. Remember, MSRP is only Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price. Supply and demand directly affects whether you get above or below this price more so than your dealer trying to make a profit.

Gwen

Passed Driver's Ed
It was a car that was already on stock at your dealer or brand new delivery ? How many kms as you bought it ? Some dealers are using new cars as demonstrators for the first 80km, then they sell them as new cars.

How can you explain that your dealer decided to lose 29,931-27,000=2,931$ ?

Yes , that sounds about right. The car was on the lot and it had 70 miles on it when I bought it. It was more miles than I expected but for the discount I was ok with that. I am not sure why they took that much of a loss. I was in communication with several other dealers and they were suspicious as to why this particular dealer was taking a large loss on the car none of them could get close to that deal and other dealers told me if the deal is legit buy the car. Everything worked out and I read all of the paperwork very closely and inspected the car to make sure they were not trying to pull the wool over my eyes. The only thing I can think of is that dealer has a hard time moving GTIs. They had 4 2015s on the lot when I bought mine 2 months ago and the 3 are still there! Anyway I am very happy with the car and I glad I bought it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WFLGTI

Got mine this past Sunday in Florida
4 Door -S- DSG - Lighting Package, Carbon Steel Metallic

Sticker Info
MSRP $26,095
Lighting Package $995
Monster Mats, trunk liner combo $235
Roadside Kit $85
Destination Charge $820
Total Sticker $28,230