GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Steering Wheel Thread

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
The Golf is in production now, but not the GTI.

Engineering and pre production trials have been happening for the past 4 months. This is considered "mass production"

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Car is already in mass production. No real way to change the design at this point. I can talk to my old collegue that works with them now, but he doesnt have any pull.

Let him know also that the headlight stripe blows fucking swollen goat balls, and he should send that out via e- mail to his corporate masters. ;)

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Let him know also that the headlight stripe blows fucking swollen goat balls, and he should send that out via e- mail to his corporate masters. ;)

HA! I'm sure he doesnt want to get fired, I'll certainly let him know.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Simple change from the Sub-supplier to change the parts and the application of the side badge is a simple Assembly process change.

Still........car is in Mass Production.

MKX

Passed Driver's Ed
Simple change from the Sub-supplier to change the parts and the application of the side badge is a simple Assembly process change.

Still........car is in Mass Production.

Lol I wasn't fighting you on that. Just pointing out that we still have some influence in this

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI

Belix

Passed Driver's Ed
Tried the direct approach - got hold of the local VW. The called back thanking me for my input. Whether the local VW has any interaction with Germany, I have no idea.

vdub10golf

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 Mk6 Golf
I'm not a fan of the new steering wheel controls. They look too bloated, the ones on the MK6 are perfect. I don't mind the steering wheel itself, reminds me of my Beetle Turbo wheel.