GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R now on the US Volkswagen Site!

slush.puppie

Ready to race!
Go to other banks that are doing 2.0-3.0 rates. No need to go with VW.

the local credit union i've financed cars through in the past, and where we have our mortgage, conveniently just opened a branch literally right next door to our vw dealership... kismet?

sage149

Ready to race!
Alright conspiracy theory time....VW in all of their brilliance "accidentally" puts an ambiguous price embedded in the source code of their soon to be Twitter Product card for the U.S. Golf R. They take this chance saying to themselves they can brush this off as an accident knowing that someone might stumble across this. They do it, sit back and start watching the blog comments all while being completely oblivious to the fact that this has happened. They now have a sense of what the initial thought is on price a week before the official release. Based on the feedback they can choose to amend or not amend the price tag...............you never know...

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Alright conspiracy theory time....VW in all of their brilliance "accidentally" puts an ambiguous price embedded in the source code of their soon to be Twitter Product card for the U.S. Golf R. They take this chance saying to themselves they can brush this off as an accident knowing that someone might stumble across this. They do it, sit back and start watching the blog comments all while being completely oblivious to the fact that this has happened. They now have a sense of what the initial thought is on price a week before the official release. Based on the feedback they can choose to amend or not amend the price tag...............you never know...

My theory:
The "limited edition" notation was also a mistake to screw with enthusiasts who inevitable scrutinize everything after waiting months for press releases. Just imagine if this thread is a hoot to the younger guys at VW). It is probably a limited edition Launch Edition R that costs $39,090. $37K for the DSG no Performance Package (DCC+19") would make sense. Ehh? Ehh

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion

I like the idea but something like a base price on a car is not determined by a couple people sitting around a conference table. A great deal of margin analysis goes into pricing a product. There is no doubt in my mind that the MSRP is set in stone at this point.

As far as interest rates go... anyone financing this vehicle and going through VW should be smacked for taking a 5.9% interest rate. The rates below are straight off of Bank of America's website. Mind you BAC isn't known for its cheap interest rates. I'm sure you could do better at a local bank or credit union.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Who cares what the rate is? At my local CU I can get 1.8% for 60 mos.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Another financing thread yay :-/.
To be honest, at $39K I want an R but a decent spec CPO S3 PP in mid-late 2015 doesn't seem like a bad idea given all the delays, etc...except priced with only an Autobahn trim it seems unfair. But I have wanted a R for years but they always had a compromises, in some manner this version doesn't.Wellllll they were also too expensive for an early-20's me.

Last edited:

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Another financing thread yay :-/.
To be honest, at $39K I want an R but a decent spec CPO S3 PP in mid-late 2015 doesn't seem like a bad idea given all the delays, etc...except priced with only an Autobahn trim it seems unfair. But I have wanted a R for years but they always had a compromises, in some manner this version doesn't.Wellllll they were also too expensive for an early-20's me.

Regarding the S3/R purchase decision, you and I are in the same exact boat.