GOLFMKV

Next Golf R packs heat

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
From Autoblog

We're waiting to see the genuine Mk VII Volkswagen Golf in the steel so that people can decide which side of the fence they're on regarding its design, but we're pretty sure the Golf R will, as usual, improve upon it. A prototype of the hot version of VW's hatch was spotted in a wild camo party dress a few weeks ago, and now the snappers at CarPix have caught it again without the camo and in basic black.

The adjustments we'd expect are there, in unfinished form, such as the larger intakes in front and quad pipes in back, and the cruise-control radar gets a prominent spot in the middle of the lower intake. The all-black low-profile routine certainly ups the stealth quotient, and perhaps it's just our eyes, but the five-door seen here doesn't look as intense as the outgoing model. We'll know for sure when we get a look at it at the Paris Motor Show later this month. In the meantime, there's a high-res gallery of spy shots to enjoy.

Source: Autoblog ( http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/12/next-golf-r-sheds-lots-of-camo-still-looks-stealthy/ )

Attachments

• 01volkswagengolfrcam.jpg
    01volkswagengolfrcam.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 3,302
  • 01volkswagengolfrcamo.jpg
    01volkswagengolfrcamo.jpg
    927.5 KB · Views: 3,040
  • 02volkswagengolfrcam-1347422323.jpg
    02volkswagengolfrcam-1347422323.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 3,103
  • 02volkswagengolfrcamo.jpg
    02volkswagengolfrcamo.jpg
    631.1 KB · Views: 2,930
  • 03volkswagengolfrcamo.jpg
    03volkswagengolfrcamo.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 2,950
  • 04volkswagengolfrcamo.jpg
    04volkswagengolfrcamo.jpg
    655.8 KB · Views: 2,970
  • 05volkswagengolfrcamo.jpg
    05volkswagengolfrcamo.jpg
    710.7 KB · Views: 3,704

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Sure it's a test mule

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
We all know its a test mule. Or at least we should. Imagine.....those tips on a production version.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
There's a good chance the tips will be more flush with the rear valance as in the GTI

Nah. They'll keep it like that :)

The greatest things about test mules are the joys of dressing them up to allow people wonder and speculate. I've been a part of this process and some of the things that the guys do is just down right hilarious.

TDR-380

Passed Driver's Ed
Nah. They'll keep it like that :)

The greatest things about test mules are the joys of dressing them up to allow people wonder and speculate. I've been a part of this process and some of the things that the guys do is just down right hilarious.

Nice, Perhaps the large oval TT-RS exhaust tips to throw it into the speculation bin.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
I'm really hoping so. But I doubt it will happen. Waaaayyyy too much to ship over here.

+1, from what I've read around it will be fitted with the completely new 2.0 TSI found in the upcoming S3 rated at 300bhp / 380Nm (281 lbft) @1,800