GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Collected car Saturday 19th July 14

Ian91

Ready to race!
Saturday 19th July was handover day car GT 1.4 TSi 150ps DSG with various options was ordered 8th March. Everything went pretty well apart from the atrocious weather. Couple of things sorted, phone connected, Sat nav (May need a bit more reading) dipping passenger mirror when in reverse adjusted.
The one thing that I have a problem with is the auto hold. Works ok on an incline but on the flat the car tends to jerk forward when moving off. I've tried feathering accelerating and also pressing firmly but the car is still not smooth on take off with the auto hold connected. (DSG in D)
Can the auto hold be adjusted by VW ie thro VCDS?

burso

Ready to race!
I have a DSG and auto hold ON all the time. I find the movement very smooth, nothing irritating about it. Are you sure there isn't something wrong with it?

Ian91

Ready to race!
Auto hold

Could be a fault with the auto hold, interested to know if anyone has come across this problem. It feels like the the braking system is not releasing quick enough when accelerator is pressed and the car jerks rather than a smooth drive off.

mrlapou

Ready to race!
Auto hold tends to have software adjustment via VCDS to reduce the release point.
Perhaps it needs a tweak.

mrlapou

Ready to race!
Auto hold tends to have software adjustment via VCDS to reduce the release point.
Perhaps it needs a tweak.

Ian91

Ready to race!
Auto hold Vcds tweaks

That could be the answer, I have turned it off at the moment, I will book it in at the garage to see what they can do. Otherwise I'm really pleased with everything else.

Ian91

Ready to race!
Get the rubber mallet out!

Great to hear Aaron, I have a confession, my wife decided to treat me to the VW exhaust tips, got a good discount, so I will be selling on the Skoda tips. I think she decided because I'd not long had an Op she didn't want me crawling under the car to fit them. Don't worry about putting on the tips as long as you take your time and line them up they will go on fine.If anything goes wrong I have a spare set!
As mentioned on my early post i will be taking the car back to the dealer to have a look at the auto hold function as it's not releasing smoothly when I drive off.
Very best of look on an exciting day. Will post some pics in day or to, hope you can too.
Ian

SonicAaron

Ready to race!
Great to hear Aaron, I have a confession, my wife decided to treat me to the VW exhaust tips, got a good discount, so I will be selling on the Skoda tips. I think she decided because I'd not long had an Op she didn't want me crawling under the car to fit them. Don't worry about putting on the tips as long as you take your time and line them up they will go on fine.If anything goes wrong I have a spare set!
As mentioned on my early post i will be taking the car back to the dealer to have a look at the auto hold function as it's not releasing smoothly when I drive off.
Very best of look on an exciting day. Will post some pics in day or to, hope you can too.
Ian

Omg you cheat! :grin:

I tried to put on my exhausts there. . . I can't do it. . .they don't seem to fit to my eyes :confused:

Ian91

Ready to race!
Yep bit of a cheat, the genuine VW exhaust tips which slide on and are fastened with small Allen screws, a bit of a rip off @ £90 you can sometimes get a 10% discount so £81 & the skoda tips are just about the same quality.
From the previous posts I think you have to ease them on then give them a fair hit with the rubber mallet/wood if unsure leave it a week or two to get used to the car then have a go.
How was the handover? There's a lot to take in with the new mk7 and I think it's a great car, so far. Having said this I have the car booked in on Friday for the probs with the auto hold.
Ian

SonicAaron

Ready to race!
Yep bit of a cheat, the genuine VW exhaust tips which slide on and are fastened with small Allen screws, a bit of a rip off @ £90 you can sometimes get a 10% discount so £81 & the skoda tips are just about the same quality.
From the previous posts I think you have to ease them on then give them a fair hit with the rubber mallet/wood if unsure leave it a week or two to get used to the car then have a go.
How was the handover? There's a lot to take in with the new mk7 and I think it's a great car, so far. Having said this I have the car booked in on Friday for the probs with the auto hold.
Ian

Too many features! I'm reading the manual ATM haha. Have all the automatic stuff on and thankfully mine is smooth as I could wish for! :)

I tried easing them on but it wasn't happening unfortunately. The bottom one was kind of preventing me from getting them sitting on to give a whack with the hammer :(

Sorry to hear about your problems ... Hopefully it's just a wee software fix!

Ian91

Ready to race!
Yep, it's like looking at the Argos catalogue (heavy and gives you a headache)
Like you say loads of features to read thro, I've just about worked out the sat nav and Bluetooth the phone connection, will leave the cruise control etc till a later date, good luck with the reading! Don't forget to update your profile on the forum ie drives a VW Golf GT.

Ian91

Ready to race!
Auto hold probs

Had the car in at the dealers today to check the operation of the Auto hold. Went out with one of the technicians and the car jerked forward as described, he agreed that the take off was jumpy.
Car collected and they connected it up to diagnostics and did a full test and reported there was no problem. They suggested we wait until the mileage reaches 1000 miles and if the problem of jerky take off still exists they will go back to factory settings and test again.
Apparently with the car only doing 200 miles from new the auto hold/DSG has to learn how the car is being driven!!
I'm thinking that's a little unusual but I'm no expert on the VW auto hold.
I thought they might be able to tweak the Auto hold/ABS settings but it appears the reset is the option, then I presume, try it out for another 1000 miles.
If it really annoys me I'll just have to turn it off! Still love the car though.