GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK7 - Ipod artwork not showing on screen

jken

By the way, I'm using Apple's 30 pin to lightning adapter between my iPod nano and the cable.
I can also use the cable directly with my iPhone 4 though.

Matrick

Passed Driver's Ed
Useful info thanks. I currently have an iPhone 4 but will be upgrading to an iPhone 5 later this year, so great to know that the lightning adaptor works :)

Westy2

Thanks for the info. I've ordered an updated cable too. This is the only issue bothering me from my first 5 days with the car! :)

Got nothing to complain about now!!

Matrick

Passed Driver's Ed
The red sleeved cable arrived today and it has cured the problem :)

Thanks again for the advice.

indyber

Hi all,

One question...I'm close to receive my Golf VII this week, with the media-in option. I'm in contact wiht my dealer to ensure that I'll get the very last version of the media-in cable, and as far as I know, I'll get the new one.

I have an iPhone 5, so I'll need to purchase the 30pin-to-lightning adaptor, but applestore says about the adaptor that "Video output not supported"...

That means that I'll not be able to transmit video to the composition media? Jken, are you able to see videos on the car' screen?

Regards!

jken

Hi,

I've just given my devices with video a test and can confirm the lightning to USB adapter does not seem to allow video to display in the car. It shows the media types (eg film, music video etc) but reports that there is nothing that can play and I can confirm there were videos on the device.
However, using my iPhone 4 straight in to the red collar cable I was able to play video. Whether I'd ever bother to is another question as the quality looked a bit dark and grainy and the screen isn't much bigger than my iPhone screen once it's in letterbox mode. Nice to know it can do it anyway.
Anyway, I'd best keep my eyes on the road!

indyber

Thanks for the info!

Of course I'm not thinking on watching movies while driving! I agree with you, it's better to keep the eyes in the road....

I was thinking in the possibility of having in the composition media's screen the image of the phone's navigator (Maps or Google maps or Waze), will be really nice option!

As far as I know Volkswagen is somehow part of the mirrorlink "community" and will be great if we're able to replicate the phone's screen in the car...

jken

Oh right. I wouldn't know about that and I haven't seen anything to suggest it's possible.
It only seems to want to play media it finds on the device.

mbfos

I ordered the red collar lead. It does work but be aware the phone connector end is much thicker than the standard blue collar lead. So if you have a protective case on your iphone, as I do, you have to remove it to plug the lead in.

mbfos

I was able to view videos from BBC iplayer, and ones I'd filmed myself from the phone cam on my Discover Media screen with the red collar lead.
However the aspect ratio is a bit weird, you may have to change the video output in settings on your iphone from NTSC to PAL. Also the colour and brightness controls were overlaid on the video and I couldn't get rid of them.
Finally, the screen is turned off as soon as the car starts to move, which is pretty standard.

angus1

Thanks to Danj122 for the cable link above.
I bought one and can confirm that album art now displays with my iPod Nano ( latest generation). I'll try other devices when I get a minute.

could you or someone else who has the red collared cable try it on with ipod classic?

angus1

Hi Angus,
I tried the cable with my iPod classic but the device wasn't recognised in anyway for some reason.

Ok, thanks :)

Do you know which generation your iPod classic is, I have the latest 160gb version. Just wondering if it has any meaning :confused: