GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure the big turbo setups will run pretty wel. The mk6 setups had a smooth torque onset which helped with traction.
Likely. But I stay modest for now and hit up an s3 or see what the Mk8 will turn out for the R.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
Yeah I'm pretty sure my plan is to wait for the MK8's to come out and drive down the MK7R prices and grab me one of those.

this seems like a good plan but not for a few years for me...
also come on eurodyne fix tune noww....

blazter

Ready to race!

Jozee

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm pretty disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here.
Flash dsg but no high torque file
Installed is38 and stuck on stage 2
Kept telling us there will be a new file next week since November

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
For all you ROW guys, I feel so bad! My last email exchange with him was terrible when asking about technical stuff relating to the tcu file and all I got was a "just because" style answer. Really irks me how I tested for this guy and is defended so much. At least my shit works and rips, but after this mk7 car, I'll certainly move on to something else. Too bad UM took so long. And for the fanboys... no need to comment. Like I've always said, poor service kills the experience. But my car rips and I'm ok with it for now. 300 club on shit gas, on a company that's hard to promote for.
Can't have it all I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

blazter

Ready to race!
Same here.
Flash dsg but no high torque file
Installed is38 and stuck on stage 2
Kept telling us there will be a new file next week since November

How does you like the DSG software? Is it worth it? Does it pair nice with the ROW Stage 2 93 oct?

moveingfaster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 R32
How does you like the DSG software? Is it worth it? Does it pair nice with the ROW Stage 2 93 oct?

In mine the DSG tune only plays nice with stage 1. I can't use stage 1.5 91 or 93 and don't even think about using the HT file. The transmission shifts so hard you think something is going to break.

For me it was a complete waste of money and time.

Paul

Jozee

Passed Driver's Ed

Don't waste your time buying dsg tune if there's no high torque file available.

He kept telling me there's a new file this week, then only I flash my dsg.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
In mine the DSG tune only plays nice with stage 1. I can't use stage 1.5 91 or 93 and don't even think about using the HT file. The transmission shifts so hard you think something is going to break.

Paul
That's really strange. My DSG tune is really good. I'd try getting your DSG fluid changed and see if that helps.

drrck

Go Kart Champion

Paul

I have run the DSG tune with Stage 1, 1.5 and HT and all of them were great. You don't get the same tire shredding shifts on 1 and 1.5 like you do on the HT one, but I would still recommend the DSG tune for people with Stage 2.

I think part of the point of the DSG tune is that if you ask it to, it will shift "harder" more like a super quick clutch in, shift and then drop the clutch back out.

I've actually found some of my more abrupt shifts to be 3-4 when I'm about 25% throttle but manage to mash it right before and during the shift. That lump of torque gets sent directly to the road.