GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Accelerator pedal difference Mk6/Mk7

bertj

Ready to race!
I couldn't quite work out why the accelerator pedal felt a bit 'dead' and un-progressive compared to my previous Mk6. I finally realised that the pedal is the 'hanging' type compared to the 'organ' pedal of previous Mk 5 and Mk 6's.
Anyone else notice this or is it just me? I wonder why VW have changed a very efficient design? (probably cost).
There seem to be lots of subtle changes on the Mk 7; not all of them for the good.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Can't say I've noticed any difference, I'm perfectly happy with the throttle on my Golf Mk7.

psquared2

Ready to race!
When I first got my car on 15 Jan I found there was an initial "dead" zone on the throttle travel but I quickly got used to pushing through it into the "active" zone and now don't even notice it.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Pretty sure the 6 had a similar configuration for the throttle pedal.

This is the accellerator pedal in the MK5 , I can't remember if the mk6 was the same

but the MK7 is back to similar to that of the MK4 and earlier models (the hanging type)

this is the MK7 accellerator pedal

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
The MK6 is a floor hinged pedal - I've got one.

I don't know the reason for going with the upper mounted arraignment either.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
The MK6 is a floor hinged pedal - I've got one.

I don't know the reason for going with the upper mounted arraignment either.

Back to it you mean?

This is in a MK4 GTI

I remember when I got the MK5 I wasn't keen on the pedal then it grew on me and I favoured it, so was dissapointed when they had gone back to the hinge pedal, however it's got to be a bit reduced cost for the hanging pedal.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I honestly can't say I've noticed the difference - I'm equally happy with both pedals Golf Mk6/Golf Mk7.

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Pain in the arse as means I can't swap my GTi pedals from my MK6 into my MK7 :(.

monsta

Car(s)
Golf GTI Performance
Not even noticed it, the car still goes when you put your foot down however it's mounted!

AMPJ8

Passed Driver's Ed
Hmm also didn't noticed maybe because when I drove the Mk7 was on the race track so it was Pedal to the Metal. ;)

jjm51

Ready to race!
some of the 'professional' reviewers have mentioned this. and, not in a positive way. but, i have only seen just a very few mention it. also, about the distance between the the pedals for toe/heeling has also been criticized a small bit.

very small things i think for most of us. but still, if it's there for a particular driver it's real to them. not for others.

we are enthusiasts. a car can really become an interactive extension of your physical/mental self in someways.

finally, no car is 'perfect.' no matter what the cost.

just my 2 cents.

MisterB

Ready to race!
The pedals could be top-hinged due to the new MQB platform. When I test-drove the new Audi A3, it had the same pedals and arrangement.

My dad's previous C6 Audi A6 had a top hinged pedal and his current C7 has a top hinged pedal too. Possibly a case of Volkswagen Group streamlining the parts bin in a bid to save costs?