GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Michelin PSS on AUSTIN?

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I switched to Michelin Pilot AS3 with the same size you were considering on austin's. They would complement the jb1 for sure and won't have much problem from a dig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueEye

Passed Driver's Ed
I switched to Michelin Pilot AS3 with the same size you were considering on austin's. They would complement the jb1 for sure and won't have much problem from a dig.

Would there be a downside to choose PSS vs AS3 apart from the price in your opinion?

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Would there be a downside to choose PSS vs AS3 apart from the price in your opinion?

I live in the midatlantic, which we get cold temperatures, sometimes below freezing. Summer tires are essentially hockey pucks below 40 degrees and not as capable of holding grip in those conditions. If I live in the south, I'd get PSS or other summer tires for sure.

m3incorp

Ready to race!
I can confirm this to be true :) OP, since you have other tires for the cold season, there is no real down side to getting the Pilot SS other than a little bit more expensive.

I live in the midatlantic, which we get cold temperatures, sometimes below freezing. Summer tires are essentially hockey pucks below 40 degrees and not as capable of holding grip in those conditions. If I live in the south, I'd get PSS or other summer tires for sure.

Tone1

Ready to race!
I'm curious about the difference in traction/handling with 225 vs 235. I'm pretty sure I'm goin with the PSS for summer, but up in the air about keeping stock wheels or upgrading to Rse10s.

Unclespud

Ready to race!
Whats the reason for getting Continental Extremecontact DW instead of PSS as summer tires?//Thanx

I've used both the Michelin PSS and the Continental Extreme Contact tire. IMO, there's no contest--PSS all the way. The Conti is a softer tire, rolls more in the corners, and wears faster. Its primary advantage over the Michelin is cost and its reasonable value, but there's no edge in performance. Love the PSS. Used them on my 2013 Mustang GT and put them on my GTI after suffering through a month of the crappy all-seasons that were OEM on the VW.

m3incorp

Ready to race!
There are three different Continental Extreme Contact tires. The DW (summer tire that should be the only tire in this comparison to the Michelin PSS. The older DWS, no contest at all against the DW or the PSS. The DWS 06, is the improved DWS. I have a feeling you might have been using the older DWS. Again the Michelin is the better performer for a summer tire.

I've used both the Michelin PSS and the Continental Extreme Contact tire. IMO, there's no contest--PSS all the way. The Conti is a softer tire, rolls more in the corners, and wears faster. Its primary advantage over the Michelin is cost and its reasonable value, but there's no edge in performance. Love the PSS. Used them on my 2013 Mustang GT and put them on my GTI after suffering through a month of the crappy all-seasons that were OEM on the VW.

Unclespud

Ready to race!
There are three different Continental Extreme Contact tires. The DW (summer tire that should be the only tire in this comparison to the Michelin PSS. The older DWS, no contest at all against the DW or the PSS. The DWS 06, is the improved DWS. I have a feeling you might have been using the older DWS. Again the Michelin is the better performer for a summer tire.

I should have clarified--I was using the Extreme Contact DW, not the all-season DWS. My thinking was that the DW and PSS were an apples-to-apples comparison. Again, the DW is a great tire for the price, but I love the Pilot Super Sports.

BlueEye

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally i got my PSS tiers on the summer Wheels.
(MICHELIN SUPER SPORT 225/40R18 92Y)

but i have to wait apox 1,5 month to use them since it's still "winter" in sweden.

i had a discussion at work about what tire pressure i should have.

what pressure do U guys have?

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
Finally i got my PSS tiers on the summer Wheels.
(MICHELIN SUPER SPORT 225/40R18 92Y)

but i have to wait apox 1,5 month to use them since it's still "winter" in sweden.

i had a discussion at work about what tire pressure i should have.

what pressure do U guys have?
I currently have 35 psi in my PSSs...same wheel and tire size. Temps here have been around mid-60°F. They felt real good running them thru several sets of switchbacks.
What was the result of the discussion with your co-workers?

BlueEye

Passed Driver's Ed
the conversation was about the recommended tire pressure that VW recommends (sticker on the car), and that there is a mountain of wheels with different spec, and if all of those tires should have the same psi/bar, just because the sticker says so.