GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum (https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Golf R Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes (https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Anyone with a TTE610R? (https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53340)

Roh Echt 06-16-2019 05:44 AM

Anyone with a TTE610R?
 
I'm nearing the time to start looking for a MK7 R...and I am thinking of the TTE610R...but haven't found someone that has one for inquiries. USP sells the turbo...and I hoped there would be one out there with it. Perhaps not.



It has the capability to reach 600+ hp and 600+ lb*ft...but USP makes no mention of what else is required other than the obvious tuning. I will likely message USP, because I imagine you don't just pay $4500 and install and then tune...and done.
https://www.uspmotorsports.com/TTE61...EaAgr7EALw_wcB

Twist 06-16-2019 05:57 AM

That turbo will not make 600 without both upgraded pumps, lines, upgraded fuel controller, and full e85 or race gas custom tuning, full bolt ons, etc.

There are much faster spooling options for MUCH less money. If you're wanting something with similar power potential check out the EFR, Boss600 or DBV2 v2.

However the TTEs are beautiful and super solid from what I've seen. My buddy had a 535 similar sizing on another inline 4 cyl and I remember the lag but it hit hard. Expect 2 bar spool at 4250-4400 with the 6 series

Roh Echt 06-17-2019 08:16 AM

Thank you...I had another response on another forum. But that person only said I would be looking at about a $20,000usd build without giving me any details at all. I don't need to build a Golf R to 600HP, I would likely be good with a tune on the stock turbo but want to explore my options now...before I get the R.

The TTE610R seemed to just be a bolt-on upgrade that would require tuning given it is a hybrid of the stock IS38...so for that reason I thought that not too much else would be required. So just a stage 3 or 3+ LPFP upgrade and the HPFP internals then. I see kits are available as well. The controller...LPFP control module, right? I have a PM3 on my MK5 GTI and a TTRS LPFP. I was going to get Torqbyte's control module soon, but I see they have recently eliminated many of their products including their new control module. So, thank you for the help. I will keep studying on this...and see where it goes. I spent three years deciding on which way I wanted to take my 2007 MK5 GTI before finally beginning the work and settled on the K04 but with quite a few other upgrades. I got it to do consistent 12.8s 1/4mi @ 112mph on its daily tires with 340 BHP and 363 lb*ft with its GIAC K04 H.O. tunes. The K04 is a nice set-up for the daily...


https://live.staticflickr.com/4253/3...1699e761fe.jpg

SugarMouth 06-17-2019 03:16 PM

Yeah the turbo is one component. The air.

LPFP, Torqbyte, DP, IC, MPI, E85, ECU, Charge pipe (recommended) Intake (recommended), DSG tune if DSG, Clutch if manual.

Then you will want engine and tranny mounts. Then you need rubber to put it down.

You can make 300whp with very little money spent. 500whp is another conversation.

Hoon 06-17-2019 04:29 PM

$4500 for a journal bearing hybrid?

Lmao hell no. You're within spitting distance of a Xona or EFR kit.

Roh Echt 06-17-2019 10:30 PM

Thanks...I will look into other options for sure...I know I will put in the time and research. I feared the TTE610R would be similar to the TTE420 which is a reworked K04 but way more for what it is and gives in return.

Like I said...I scoured Eurotuner mag and forums for three years seeing the real world results of the build options before I decided for myself. I would really like to see what it takes for near 400 WHP in the MK7 R. Can that be done without touching internals yet be reliable and cost effective. I will likely upgrade both pumps.


Any direction to builds would be appreciated...and I will continue searching. APR's EFR 7163 looks to produce the power level I would be pleased with. Not a huge CTS fan. Revo appears to have a near $3k IS38ETR turbo but that is turbo alone if not mistaken...but it is comparable to the TTE610R.

a3scott20 06-18-2019 02:38 AM

or another option- TurboTechnics V5

see this built thread (not mine)
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=41

Mine is running with V5 too on my 7.5R, and both pump upgraded to APR HPFP & PPT LPFP 525 (with stock controller). Boost is about 2.1-2.2bar (31-32PSI) daily drive. I will be on the dyno at the end of this month to see what number I can get but I am looking to get 430-450WHP similar to your

SugarMouth 06-18-2019 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roh Echt (Post 812449)
I would really like to see what it takes for near 400 WHP in the MK7 R.

That is not complicated.

This:
https://eqtuning.com/products/eqt-vortex-turbocharger

Or this:
https://www.littco.co.uk/l450-hybrid-21-p.asp

An intercooler, DP and tune and you have 400whp on pump 91.

No pumps, no engine internals, no E85.

jimlloyd40 06-18-2019 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roh Echt (Post 812449)
Thanks...I will look into other options for sure...I know I will put in the time and research. I feared the TTE610R would be similar to the TTE420 which is a reworked K04 but way more for what it is and gives in return.

Like I said...I scoured Eurotuner mag and forums for three years seeing the real world results of the build options before I decided for myself. I would really like to see what it takes for near 400 WHP in the MK7 R. Can that be done without touching internals yet be reliable and cost effective. I will likely upgrade both pumps.


Any direction to builds would be appreciated...and I will continue searching. APR's EFR 7163 looks to produce the power level I would be pleased with. Not a huge CTS fan. Revo appears to have a near $3k IS38ETR turbo but that is turbo alone if not mistaken...but it is comparable to the TTE610R.

You can get to 400 HP on an R with all the bolt ons and ethanol. I have a friend who has GTI S and he has all the bolt ons and an IS38 turbo running ethanol and he just dynoed at 410 HP with a 5150 tune.

Roh Echt 06-18-2019 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a3scott20 (Post 812556)
or another option- TurboTechnics V5

see this built thread (not mine)
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=41

Mine is running with V5 too on my 7.5R, and both pump upgraded to APR HPFP & PPT LPFP 525 (with stock controller). Boost is about 2.1-2.2bar (31-32PSI) daily drive. I will be on the dyno at the end of this month to see what number I can get but I am looking to get 430-450WHP similar to your

I saw that...but Turbo Technics isn't available here in the states. Plus there are way fewer custom tuners here...and even fewer that are reliable. GIAC would tune anything...but the cost would exceed $2000usd.

Roh Echt 06-18-2019 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlloyd40 (Post 812588)
You can get to 400 HP on an R with all the bolt ons and ethanol. I have a friend who has GTI S and he has all the bolt ons and an IS38 turbo running ethanol and he just dynoed at 410 HP with a 5150 tune.

Right, I see that. 400+ WHP would be about 450+ BHP. A while back I saw people getting near 400 WHP with just a tune with supporting mods. I hope to get a tiny bit over 400 WHP. Also, there is just one place that sells E85 here and it is in Portland Oregon...about a 1 hour drive away for me. Then it would only make sense if I purchased a 55gal drum...and I am not in to it being that much extra work. Would prefer just pulling in to a station and filling with 92 oct (R+M/2), then sort out the race fuel for track days. I went catless on the MK5 because leaded race fuel available at the local tracks was just $8usd/gal where a 5 gal can of unleaded race fuel is $18usd/gal...and none of the tracks here keep the unleaded on hand. :(

Roh Echt 06-18-2019 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlloyd40 (Post 812588)
You can get to 400 HP on an R with all the bolt ons and ethanol. I have a friend who has GTI S and he has all the bolt ons and an IS38 turbo running ethanol and he just dynoed at 410 HP with a 5150 tune.

Again...Eth being to much trouble for me to easily keep on hand. I have a friend that went to 5150 for a tune on his Evo-X and they blew his engine during a test drive after a tune session...and they just gave it back to him and said bring it back when you get a new engine and they will try again!?!?!? So I really wouldn't go to them because of that.

Hoon 06-18-2019 12:03 PM

This is very simple...

Cobb or Maestro w/ Custom tune
Downpipe, Intercooler and DSG Tune/Clutch mandatory

Intake, elbow, motor mounts, catback optional

EQT Vortex, Littco L450 or L500, Boss 500, EFR7163, Small Iroz Xona kit, etc etc etc.

If the goal is only 400whp and no ethanol ever, I would do Cobb with HPFP as the only fuel system mod.

Boom. Done.

TAZZ 06-18-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roh Echt (Post 812630)
Right, I see that. 400+ WHP would be about 450+ BHP. A while back I saw people getting near 400 WHP with just a tune with supporting mods. I hope to get a tiny bit over 400 WHP. Also, there is just one place that sells E85 here and it is in Portland Oregon...about a 1 hour drive away for me. Then it would only make sense if I purchased a 55gal drum...and I am not in to it being that much extra work. Would prefer just pulling in to a station and filling with 92 oct (R+M/2), then sort out the race fuel for track days. I went catless on the MK5 because leaded race fuel available at the local tracks was just $8usd/gal where a 5 gal can of unleaded race fuel is $18usd/gal...and none of the tracks here keep the unleaded on hand. :(

400whp with just a tune and bolt-ons is a bit optimistic IMO. Notwithstanding what a dyno will tell you, it's been quite established that the stock IS38 fbo on pump 98 ron / 93 aki will be maxed out around 400bhp+/- (not whp), including on mpi ROW-spec cars.

You will need an entry level hybrid upgrade to hit the 400whp/450bhp mark (TTE470, L450 and others). Beyond 440whp/500bhp it is recommended to upgrade internals.

Roh Echt 06-18-2019 05:26 PM

I hear you guys. I will likely go with it tuned first. So, I will continue looking into the options and see if a tuned R will be satisfactory. I have never been in to having the most HP...but rather just a surprising level and a reliable daily. I'm OK with a loss...once or twice LOL.


My MK5 GTI is a K04 build with GIAC K04 H.O. and DSG tunes and it will do 12.8s 1/4 @ 112 mph on its daily street tires.
https://live.staticflickr.com/4546/2...5182755256.jpg

vw671 06-18-2019 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roh Echt (Post 812631)
Again...Eth being to much trouble for me to easily keep on hand. I have a friend that went to 5150 for a tune on his Evo-X and they blew his engine during a test drive after a tune session...and they just gave it back to him and said bring it back when you get a new engine and they will try again!?!?!? So I really wouldn't go to them because of that.


But how much power did the EVO make? And how much power did he ask for?



Once you go up the HP ladder with the stock block you have to accept the risk.... I have.

kakluote 06-18-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roh Echt (Post 811783)
I'm nearing the time to start looking for a MK7 R...and I am thinking of the TTE610R...but haven't found someone that has one for inquiries. USP sells the turbo...and I hoped there would be one out there with it. Perhaps not.



It has the capability to reach 600+ hp and 600+ lb*ft...but USP makes no mention of what else is required other than the obvious tuning. I will likely message USP, because I imagine you don't just pay $4500 and install and then tune...and done.
https://www.uspmotorsports.com/TTE61...EaAgr7EALw_wcB

my friend this is kakluote

we are in the same stage now again k04 has passed

通过我的 CLT-TL00 上的 Tapatalk发言


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.