GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW announces Golf MKVII's five engines and new equipment

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
Volkswagen has announced new engine options and extra equipment for its recently revealed Golf model.

The five new engine options, which all feature BlueMotion Technology and are mated to either a 6-speed manual or 7-speed DSG transmission, begin with a 77 kW (103 hp) 1.2 TSI, a 90 kW (121 hp) 1.4 TSI and a 103 kW (138 hp) 1.4 TSI with ACT (active cylinder management).

For the diesel fans there’s a 77 kW (103 hp) 1.6 TDI and a 110 kW (148 hp) 2.0 TDI. Both powerplants can be specified with the company’s 4Motion all-wheel drive system if required.

Finally, the driver assistance pack includes Bi-xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights, adaptive cruise control, City Emergency Braking function and ‘Dynamic Light Assist’ dynamic main beam control. Available as an option on the Comfortline and Highline equipment lines, pricing starts at €1,690.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Except the 2.0TDI and maybe a hybridized 1.4 TSI, I doubt the rest will be here...

Unless the 3 cylinder 1 liter Focus sells well here...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Sadly all that data is useless for the US market.

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
Here are my prediction for North America: 1.8T (base motor), 2.0T (GTI), 2.0 TDI (option in Golf) and maybe the Hybrid 1.4T

DAS_STIG

Banned
The MK5 and the MK6 had the 170 HP 2.5 as a base motor so I don't see why VW would change that

because not 2006 anymore?

DAS_STIG

Banned
here in Germany it doesn't. There you can choose between a 122 HP 1.4T, a 180 HP 1.8T and a 150 HP 2.0 TDI

is germany here or there?

also, i repeat myself: it's no longer 2006. car manufacturers develop new motors for a reason. it's better, more power, more fuel efficient, fits the platform better, etc.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
That's true and Germany also gets smaller engines because the emission standards are very strict here

The german configurator is already UP! For the 7.

It looks like the TDIs will come with a 6 spd DSG once again :( and the DSG equipped cars are rated worse than the manuals once again :(. So I am going to guess that my next VW/TDI if I decide to go that route will be manual.