GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Your Mk7 year/mileage

fauMkVGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf R
Might be an outlier, 2015 R with 15k miles. On the other hand, my old 2007 GTI is still driving around in Switzerland currently with 160k miles driven by the same lady I sold it to back in 2012 when I lived and worked over there.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Same here, sold my 2008 MK5 GTI with 115k mi 4 years ago, last time I checked in with the buyer, it had well over 150k mi....

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
On the other hand, my old 2007 GTI is still driving around in Switzerland currently with 160k miles driven by the same lady I sold it to back in 2012 when I lived and worked over there.
Same here, sold my 2008 MK5 GTI with 115k mi 4 years ago, last time I checked in with the buyer, it had well over 150k mi....
Traded in my 2006 MKV GTI with an FSI in 2016 when I bought my MK7. It had 123k on it. While I don't know where it went, I expect the cam follower has been punched through and grenaded the engine by now.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
I literally warned the buyer as much as possible, explained exactly the issue, what to do, even gave him an extra cam follower I had I think... I would change them every 15-20k mi

Mine had an APR HPFP, so it was critical to check/replace.

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
2017 GTI S with 44,000mi on her.

camerone

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7.5 Sportwagen 1.8
'19 GSW with 22.4k. Bought used 12/2020 at 9.6k. Turbo and BBK done at 19.9k.

Got a couple 1k mile trips and a longer commute this summer so expecting 30k+ soon enough

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I literally warned the buyer as much as possible, explained exactly the issue, what to do, even gave him an extra cam follower I had I think... I would change them every 15-20k mi

Mine had an APR HPFP, so it was critical to check/replace.
Yup, I was on the every-15k-interval as well haha.

rye0pa

Go Kart Newbie
‘18 Golf R with 6,xxx miles
Wow that is extremely low miles. I don't think I could drive it that little. When I travel for work and get home I can't wait to take the GTI for a drive.