GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Your favorite Microfiber Towel Brands!

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Ok, dumb question time:
I have an Absorber too and love it. What's the advantage of microfiber over a shammy? Is the shammy more likely to damage my paint?

I do wash my Absorber out after each use to make sure it doesn't have contaminants on it and I've never noticed any ill effects on my cars.
Yes, a shammy with ZERO pile will not contain the dirt as it has no pile to contain it with. So the flat surface of the shammy will grind the dirt or debris on the car againts the hard flat surface of the clear.

Obviously dirt or debris have to be on the car or shammy for this to happen. But I would be willing to bet that on a super fine level a regular shammy mars paint like a mofo. Fact is most scratches get induced during the drying process. So the more gentle the media, the less likely to cause damage.

ogrisker

Ready to race!
As the title suggests I'm looking to find some quality microfiber towels for drying the exterior as well as an all purpose cleaning towel for interior surfaces. I'm currently using Chemical Guys MIC_507_03 - Professional Grade Premium Microfiber Towel with Silk Edges, Gold 24" x 16." They are starting to lose their effectiveness even after properly washing them for the past couple years. I'm looking to find other recommendations that you guys love and trust to use on your paint/interior cleaning.

Thanks again! :)

+1 Costco Yellow ones. Works for me

flogR

Ready to race!
Whatever you use to DRY your paint (towel, microfibre) just have the towel/MF bone dry, open it out and drop it on the paint away from you and simply hold by the nearest edge and drag it towards you. Do not press. Do not rub. Soft patting is ok. If there is any grit it will be up in the fibres and not scratch. If the towel gets wet and leaves wetness behind, use the other side or switch to another dry one..

flogR

Ready to race!
Do not let MF towels get too old. They can shed tiny fibres that may only be noticeable e.g. on a windscreen by looking through from inside with the light in certain directions. I tried to get them off with all sorts of solvents, detergents, "Statique" and finally steel wool. I don't think they were stuck on by electrostatic forces as water should have worked for that. I concluded they were attached by VanDerWaals forces. Goodness knows what they do in the environment or your lungs. Maybe a heat gun would have made them curl up and die but I have only just thought of that.

flogR

Ready to race!
I should have stated that the troublesome cloth was a fluffy type i.e. not the smooth "for glass" ones. Perhaps the latter would have removed the shedding. There were thousands per square foot like a haze if the light was right.
If you run your hand over some MF cloths they tend to stick to your skin. If you viewed the fibres in cross-section under a microscope you would see they are like an asterisk and the surface area is vastly more. They are therefore much more effective.

flogR

Ready to race!
OK. That will avoid the shedding but then we have the issue of more plastics in the environment. It seems we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. What a shame that cotton doesn't clean like MF.