GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Yet another coil over question but with a catch!

JackRabbitSLIM

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Is it the squared off shoulders of that particular tire? Or just the size of the wheel in general? Do you have any pics of the rear wheels with the spacers on?
I wouldn't say the PS4S has a square shoulder. It's pretty rounded imo. The rubbing was on the side wall. Maybe the 35 profile will be okay, idk. I had -2 degrees camber back there too, so less camber might solve the issue too.

IMG_20200406_162046.jpg

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
good example. What we're all thinking of is once you add in camber, your inner upper corner might be hitting the strut....even with that ET.
if you added front camber with a longer lca, then rubbing the strut might be a concern. if you add camber at the top mount, the wheel does not move relative to the strut.

edit, come.to think of it, longer lca would also move wheel.and strut together, so no not that either

stevelatt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Currently running 18x8.5 ET35 wrapped with 225/40 and no rubbing on mine. Should be a relatively close fitment to what you're considering on the outside of wheel/fender at least. I am also running this on ST X coil overs and for what it's worth I love em. They ride better than stock 95% of the time. The only time they're a little rougher than stock is on big bumps. They're a bit more harsh but I wouldn't say its more than a 15% increase at most. Super duper dailyable set up and they handle corners way better as well. Can't recommend the ST X enough.

goinkin

Go Kart Newbie
Currently running 18x8.5 ET35 wrapped with 225/40 and no rubbing on mine. Should be a relatively close fitment to what you're considering on the outside of wheel/fender at least. I am also running this on ST X coil overs and for what it's worth I love em. They ride better than stock 95% of the time. The only time they're a little rougher than stock is on big bumps. They're a bit more harsh but I wouldn't say its more than a 15% increase at most. Super duper dailyable set up and they handle corners way better as well. Can't recommend the ST X enough.
Thanks for the reply. I'm putting on my coils in a few weeks.