GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Smoking a brisket tomorrow for the first time. Got my Thermoworks remote thermometer in, so should be better temp control than the ribs I did before.

Wish me luck.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Smoking a brisket tomorrow for the first time. Got my Thermoworks remote thermometer in, so should be better temp control than the ribs I did before.

Wish me luck.

After your beach weekend I would be afraid to do anything. But good luck.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Wings on the Kamado Joe

464D534C-39AA-4AC4-95B1-D76249F971C9.jpeg
89E8F0EF-6997-48BB-B6D3-3B261C97A15E.jpeg
F46332D8-08C3-4300-A83B-9B2AD6C7AEA3.jpeg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Before

20201108_044840.jpg

Almost after
20201108_075653.jpg

It was ok. Had to go into work for 5 hours and came back to 165°. And that's after giving instructions to just put more wood on if monitor beeps which I had set to 205° min.

Got it going again and took it off after hitting 190° internal. I would have left it longer, but family came over and they were getting hungry.

Also needed to let it rest longer, but again, didn't have that luxury. I think this makes a world of difference as I left a third of it that I didn't slice in the foil for a couple of hours. And that was the most tender delicious piece.

So next time will go for 205° internal and rest it for a couple of hours.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Anyone else planning to smoke a bird (or anything else) this week?

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
We're going to do a turkey on the Kamado Joe loosely following this recipe

We'll bake a turkey too, for the 'but I don't like smoked food' crowd (ie my mother in law)
Looks good! Funny, my MIL doesn't like smoked food, either. Not even anything with smoked paprika in it.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
We'll bake a turkey too, for the 'but I don't like smoked food' crowd (ie my mother in law)

😂. That's my wife. "But everything will smell and taste like it's smoked"

It's a battle every time I want to smoke something.

That and then she knows we're not going anywhere because I have to monitor it all day