GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
So I got these beef ribs and it was about twice as thick on one end. Within an hour I could tell it was going to be odd shaped. Baby backs I put on for about 3.5 hours, never wrapped, came out really nice. Oh yea Happy 4th of July!
61559350467__243E8225-0324-45B8-89E5-459CBD4AC444.JPG
61559373405__3BE8F97A-2066-4DDD-9816-7B869FF17DE2.jpg
61559321873__862BFCCC-C7DA-402C-93EE-797108E2D5C7.jpg

jamesbob

Car(s)
GTI
Very nice thread "Ye Olde SMOKER Thread". I will share this thread to my all friends.....Very Nice....Thank you guys for beautiful discussion..

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Smoked up some beef jerky for my trip this week (heading down to Bend, OR for some golf and cabin time). It's a bottom round cut marinated overnight in Dr. Pepper and Jalapenos. Cooked it for 4 hours at 175 degrees on the weber with a few chunks of hickory tossed in. Came out pretty good!

This looks great! You've inspired me to try this as well, although I'll be using serranos and habaneros as I have an overabundance of them from the garden this year. Bravo!

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I've done ribs but I was still pretty amateur at the time. May need to revisit... I think I had them on way too long.
About 250 for 4 hours. Halfway through wrap in foil and make a secret sauce to fill foil envelope up. Fall off the bone tender!

Fixing to throw some salmon on the pitboss. Pellet smoker changed my life. Better for my mouth not so good for the waistline:)

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
About 250 for 4 hours. Halfway through wrap in foil and make a secret sauce to fill foil envelope up. Fall off the bone tender!

Fixing to throw some salmon on the pitboss. Pellet smoker changed my life. Better for my mouth not so good for the waistline:)

What do you put on the salmon/what wood?

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I use competition blend pellets for pretty much everything. Hasn't done me wrong as of yet.
You every cooked any wagu beef? I had some at my buddies the other weekend and never had meat so good. (Well there was that one time..)

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
I use competition blend pellets for pretty much everything. Hasn't done me wrong as of yet.
You every cooked any wagu beef? I had some at my buddies the other weekend and never had meat so good. (Well there was that one time..)

Haven’t pulled trigger on any wagyu yet. Have a buddy that buys it all the time and does sous vide.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Haven’t pulled trigger on any wagyu yet. Have a buddy that buys it all the time and does sous vide.
I haven't done any yet either, the cost is up there for sure. The comp blend has hickory,maple and apple. Can't wait till my wife says I can throw this fat bastard on the Q.
I really like halved Japs wrapped with thick bacon. Delicious, and here I am eating fish :( so much good looking beef in this thread.

Attachments

• 20200808_185456.jpg
    20200808_185456.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 188
Last edited: