GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

XDS interaction question

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
2020 gti autobahn dsg

I set the vaq lsd to increased traction and that odd delay before engaging the lsd is gone finally.

In regards to xds. By default it was set to standard. I moved it to strong. Just to see if I’ll like it there. If not I’ll move it to medium and test.

But it got me thinking. Is weak still more aggressive than standard?

I want to get it ready for next year’s season!

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
From what I understand, if you have that VAQ diff then you'll want to turn that completely off

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
From what I understand, if you have that VAQ diff then you'll want to turn that completely off
No way. Even with it off and increased traction enabled on the vaq. The understeer is almost massive as hell sometimes!

Mind you I’m still on these stock shitty tires. But with xds off the car wants to yank me off the road during hard cornering. This was solved when I enabled increase traction. But if I disable the xds the understeer is more pronounced

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Idk I guess set it how you like it and enjoy it then. I hear it cooks brakes really bad on track which is a terrible trade off

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Idk I guess set it how you like it and enjoy it then. I hear it cooks brakes really bad on track which is a terrible trade off
On the strong setting I’m noticing a slightly mushier brake pedal after hitting this downhill winding set of turns. After the 4th turn I’m noticing my exit speeds are taking a hit

Curious, is weak stronger than standard?

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
You do not want to switch off XDS. I had changed XDS from standard to weak when I went to increased traction on the the diff. But changed it back to standard.

Yes, there is added brake wear on track. At VIR I’ve noticed higher temps on the passenger side front temp strips. I have a BBK so no fade issues as a result. On stock PP front calipers, you will eventually run out of brakes. On the rear I’m running Pagid RS19’s. 20 track days and 40k on the street and I’m at 40-50% pad.

Highly recommend track pads and fluid to handle the increased temps. Pagid RSL29’s for the front work well on the track and are safe on the street. Same for the Pagid RS19’s on the rear.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
You do not want to switch off XDS. I had changed XDS from standard to weak when I went to increased traction on the the diff. But changed it back to standard.

Yes, there is added brake wear on track. At VIR I’ve noticed higher temps on the passenger side front temp strips. I have a BBK so no fade issues as a result. On stock PP front calipers, you will eventually run out of brakes. On the rear I’m running Pagid RS19’s. 20 track days and 40k on the street and I’m at 40-50% pad.

Highly recommend track pads and fluid to handle the increased temps. Pagid RSL29’s for the front work well on the track and are safe on the street. Same for the Pagid RS19’s on the rear.
Would u say weak is stronger than standard? I’ve been testing strong all day. Not really digging it. It works well till the brake pedal goes mushy. But it happens way too soon.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I would think that weak is less than standard like the word implies. But may mean more understeer Than standard.

Strong is most probably overworking the brakes. So if you are driving hard for an extended period the brakes are getting hot and fading the pads and boiling your fluid by the sound of things.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I would think that weak is less than standard like the word implies. But may mean more understeer Than standard.

Strong is most probably overworking the brakes. So if you are driving hard for an extended period the brakes are getting hot and fading the pads and boiling your fluid by the sound of things.
I figured. I wonder if medium is stronger than standard. Gonna give those a go tomorrow