GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB: upgrade HPFP

TimmyTbonez235

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Yeah title says it all. Looking to buy a new or slightly used hpfp upgraded piston. Let me know what you got. Thanks

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
If I had MPI, I would probably go back to stock hpfp (swap with someone). less wear and tear on the cam lobe and not that hpfp upgrade is unreliable but stock is going to be more reliable. and that fuel is just not needed. You can easily get all the fuel you need via MPI.

neogeo

Go Kart Newbie
If I had MPI, I would probably go back to stock hpfp (swap with someone). less wear and tear on the cam lobe and not that hpfp upgrade is unreliable but stock is going to be more reliable. and that fuel is just not needed. You can easily get all the fuel you need via MPI.
How is there less wear and tear on the cam lobe? The upgraded pump only alters the displacement of the pump — probably slightly. Change in force imparted to the cam lobe is probably negligible.

neogeo

Go Kart Newbie
How is there less wear and tear on the cam lobe? The upgraded pump only alters the displacement of the pump — probably slightly. Change in force imparted to the cam lobe is probably negligible.
I’m also guessing that your tune can be altered for the additional fuel.