GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB red stripe MK7 (not 7.5) headlights

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Hi,
After a few years and a lot of performance upgrades, The sleeper cosmetics on this vehicle have gotten a little long in the tooth. Looking to start with a good set of lights with red stripes and double U LEDs.

I don’t like the 7.5 version as it looks a little too “KIAyundai” for me.

Thanks for looking!

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Replicas, it would honestly be cheaper to pay the car off than to do a retrofit 😁
Seems he discontinued the MK7 style ones unfortunately but the Helix seem to look ok. I was hoping to find some that had a sequential signal but it seems the latter are just binary blinkers. Thanks for the recommendations though.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Spyder also makes a set of headlights for the MK7 I believe. I haven't seen too much review wise on them.

Depends on what you get your headlights for. I'm doing a partial retrofit with Osram LED lights and the euro lowline AFS unit, but a NAR AFS install ranges between $1k-1.5k depending on the price of the headlights. Used can be picked up with all modules, both sets for the GTI for pretty cheap (300ish a light). New with Modules I've heard $900ish for the set. Wiring and the AFS module can be had pretty cheap too. Just depends on if your BCM and CAN gateway already have the needed pins.

Even then, upgrading them can be done cheap if you can find decent labor prices on the ODIS online coding/CP removal.

Good luck on your hunt!

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Thanks! I just want something that’s not gonna leak and that’s gonna work. And not look like a base Golf or Asian car in the process.

My stock ones are cracking for some reason and it’s gonna cost me either way at this point. The Spyder ones look good in photos but you’re correct in that nobody has installed and reviewed them for whatever reason.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I found a few replies buried in the threads either here or on Vortex for the Spyders. They seem to be about the same as Helix - Some "Jitter" complaints over rough roads and some condensation complaints - Though these can be found for both Ed/BEC and Helix lights. Most common remedy is to use double sided tape to fit some silicon packets to the inside of the headlight covers.

If you're willing to spend a bit more Osram makes a pair of LED lights as well. They have high reviews. I'm ordering these as I plan to to a partial OEM retrofit to get auto-leveling as they have stepper motors - I can also swap AFS module and headlights for True OEM Bi-Xenon in the future if I feel like it.

Mine were about $950 after shipping from Germany, they have one for Xenon and one for Halogen in all 3 "types": Red stripe, Chrome Stripe, and Black. I went with black as I don't think the chrome stripe will line up with the NAR grille and I plan on wrapping out the grille stripe anyhow.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I like the idea of upgradability in the future. The others probably do no offer that.