GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB: Passat R line or Mk7 GLI DSG

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yeah lol the more I thought about it the GLI is a lot nicer/better built car. I didn’t tell my wife anything about pricing until she drove one and compared it to the Passat.

We have a seven year old and a three year old, who regularly ride around in my GTI. The GLI has a slightly larger rear seat so we’re all good there (good enough anyway). Car seats do take up a ton of room, but now that they’re in a booster and a slim fwd facing it’s not cramped at all. Definitely still something to consider if you have little ones rear facing as that’s tight with me being 6’ 2”.

As for the pricing it negotiated $30,500 OTD. I put 5k down, and 0% for 60 for the remaining balance which is $425 a month.

She called me out on the development work lol, but I assured her I won’t tune the GLI. For now it’s just getting a FMIC, and it there’s enough interested I may consider using it to development a CBE (already have a DP & MP available for GLI).
Good deal!

What was the MSRP, btw?
When do you get it?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Good deal!

What was the MSRP, btw?
When do you get it?

Hopefully they’ll pick it up from the dealership that had it in stock tomorrow, and I’ll take delivery on Tuesday morning.

I work second shift tomorrow and want it delivered to my shop so I can do a PDI on it before signing anything.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Hopefully they’ll pick it up from the dealership that had it in stock tomorrow, and I’ll take delivery on Tuesday morning.

I work second shift tomorrow and want it delivered to my shop so I can do a PDI on it before signing anything.

congrats man, that’s a sweet ride. I’m a bit jealous. I won’t be when I throw my Bilstein and r springs on the Alltrack, though :)

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
congrats man, that’s a sweet ride. I’m a bit jealous. I won’t be when I throw my Bilstein and r springs on the Alltrack, though :)

Hey I’m a little bit jealous too, it is for the wife after all lol.

My car is so much fun with the mods though, she can have the luxury if it came to picking one over the other.

This will also give me an opportunity to dive deeper into maintenance on my car and our suburban. I plan to have the injectors cleaned (24 hour turn around) once the third vehicle is officially in the fleet.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
My salesman sent these, it’s in for detail and PDI this evening and getting dropped off first thing tomorrow morning.

Rear seat cover and new car seat will be here tomorrow afternoon so the wife will be all set.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
This will also give me an opportunity to dive deeper into maintenance on my car and our suburban. I plan to have the injectors cleaned (24 hour turn around) once the third vehicle is officially in the fleet.

In for injector before & after results. That’ll be interesting after 100k... Bryce saw a notable difference.

Attachments

• 09D69DFB-8C2E-4812-9060-2BD37D814019.png
    09D69DFB-8C2E-4812-9060-2BD37D814019.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 70

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

That's awesome!
Which new rear car seat did you get?

Crazy that there's no rear (air) vents though...looks weird with it just being blanked out.

So did you get, what, like $4k off MSRP or so, and then the 0% financing too? (I guess it depends on the taxes in your state too)
If so, not a bad deal at all!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
That's awesome!
Which new rear car seat did you get?

Crazy that there's no rear (air) vents though...looks weird with it just being blanked out.

So did you get, what, like $4k off MSRP or so, and then the 0% financing too? (I guess it depends on the taxes in your state too)
If so, not a bad deal at all!

Yeah just under 4K off and 0% for 60

We got another Graco Tranzitions like I have in my Gti. It fits great and doesn’t hang past the front of the seat so our daughter has maximum leg room.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Damn nice! Good call on the color, another white one in the fleet and you get labelled the boring dad in the school car line. I have this funny feeling you will be driving it as much/more than she will ;).

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
My dealer and I are working out parts for the rear vents/USB/12v. On the surface it doesn't seem as difficult or extensive as the MK6 since the rear piece seems to be separate on the parts diagrams. ROW cars have vents and USB so ducting and electrical MIGHT be plug and play. We'll see.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Damn nice! Good call on the color, another white one in the fleet and you get labelled the boring dad in the school car line. I have this funny feeling you will be driving it as much/more than she will ;).

Normal routine I drop the kids off and she picks them up, so the GLI basically goes wherever the kids are.

The color has already got compliments in the carpool line, and the wife really loves it (her choice). I really want to wrap the rest of the roof black and maybe the mirror caps to make it subtle “not stock” haha.

Also, the OEM tires absolutely suck. Strongly considering PS AS4. I’m working on buying yet another set of Audi 10 spoke wheels for my car, so my OG set could then get her OEM tires and sell for $700ish as a complete set ready to go for someone (she doesn’t want to swap wheels).