GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB: Ohlins Road and Track for MK7 GTI

gte718h

Go Kart Newbie
After 5 years of ownership, I finally decided to keep my GTI for long term and customize to my liking. Looking for Ohlins Road and Track as I am extremely familiar with this platform and other coilover options for GTI seem more suited for track than street. May customize valving and spring rate. Another option being considered is Fortune Auto 500/510.

I would appreciate it if you would bring it to my attention if you happen to know someone trying to sell. Thank you.

Last edited:

gte718h

Go Kart Newbie
Yes, they do. But I have some people who can tell me what it would take to freshen them up. I reached out to the potential seller but haven't back yet. Will see what happens. Surprisingly I have been getting some responses through DM but nothing has materialized yet.

cloudmk7

Car(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport
bank on ~$1000 at the absolute low end to rebuild them. ~$1200 through ohlins if nothing is wrong with them

gte718h

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the heads up. I don't need to be a stubborn jackass so I will probably pass on them. My understanding is that the initial release was valved too soft and had 6kg/6kg springs. It supposedly got better with each revision. I would like to find one of the two revisions (stiffer valving with 7kg/6kg springs, followed by 7kg/7kg springs), mount them and try them out, so I can re-valve them at a later time to my liking. I can usually find used Swift springs dirt cheap so I am hoping to spend no more than $2500 to buy the initial set, re-valve them, and customize spring rates based on my requirements. I will need to find a good starter set for under $1500. I am planning on doing a subframe out turbo swap later in the year so that would be the perfect time to install the coilovers and take care of all the suspension needs.

gte718h

Go Kart Newbie
3DM Suspension
310 West Mountain St
Kernersville, NC 27284
You get one free rebuild and they customize the spring rates free.
Great deal!
I just ordered mine.

I already spoke to Barry from 3DM, and I would definitely bring the coilovers to him for rebuild, but I don't want to pay $3000. I want to pay under $1500 for a good set, put them on my car, play around with some different spring rates, gain some information that I can share with the suspension gurus, and then rebuild them to my preferred specs.

Papercuts2

Ready to race!
I already spoke to Barry from 3DM, and I would definitely bring the coilovers to him for rebuild, but I don't want to pay $3000. I want to pay under $1500 for a good set, put them on my car, play around with some different spring rates, gain some information that I can share with the suspension gurus, and then rebuild them to my preferred specs.
Great idea!