GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB OEM MK7 GOLF LP HEADLIGHTS

boticdan

Looking for a pair of OEM MK7 Golf Lighting Package HEADLIGHTS. I am NOT looking for GTI ones. Must be the ones with chrome stripe, for bi-xenon lighting package. Headlights look like this:

Screenshot_20200131-140222.png

CamarosRus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf SE
I have a 2019 Golf SE.......How can I learn WHAT style/type of Headlight Bulbs I HAVE
and What if any are MY OPTIONS to change at WHAT COST ????

Please educate me.....

Thanks, Chuck S Auburn,WA

20200122_121228 - Copy.jpg

boticdan

I have a 2019 Golf SE.......How can I learn WHAT style/type of Headlight Bulbs I HAVE
and What if any are MY OPTIONS to change at WHAT COST ????

Please educate me.....

View attachment 164851View attachment 164851View attachment 164851
Looks like you have the Lighting Package Headlights. These are Bi-Xenon Headlights with AFS. You will not be able to swap out any aftermarket headlights, as the wiring/modules/coding are all different. Aftermarket headlights such as Helix, Ed's, etc will not work on your car as these kits are for vehicles that have halogen headlights. You should be able to swap out OEM GTI headlight housings and transfer all the bulbs and modules, and should work like plug and play (which is the route I'm trying to take, except I want your headlights and grill on my GTI).

Are you selling your headlights and grill?

CamarosRus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf SE
My Window Sticker says..........................
"Automatic, Halogen Headlights w LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL) ; LED Taillights"

Dont know how/where you determined that I have the Lighting Package Headlights ? Not arguing just curious

Just wanting to know if there are any Headlight BULB Improvements for my 19' Golf SE ???

I have no intention of spending BIG $$$ changing Headlight Housings etc........

I'm a noob owner, new member and inept at all of this.............

Thanks for your patience and education

Chuck S Auburn,WA

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
Looks like you have the Lighting Package Headlights.

NO, Chuck, you do not have lighting package headlights.

As the sticker states, you have the base halogens which come standard with Golfs from Model Years 2018 and up. They look very similar in terms of design to LP Golfs from years prior to 2017, but at their core these are still generic Halogen lights. You can definitely buy and install full replacements down the line if you wanted to.

If you are interested in finding out the best bulb replacement, this section isn't the place to ask. Take a look under some of the other sub-forums and you'll be able to find what you need ?

-----

OP, what you're trying to find is rather rare. Most people with the lighting package have no desire to swap lights. I'll keep an eye out and try to send you in the right direction if I see anything, but you might be looking for them a little longer than you might have anticipated.

CamarosRus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf SE
It's Sam, Thanks for your knowledge and reply............................

"If you are interested in finding out the best bulb replacement"

I am only asking what options I have to upgrade from base hologen to ??????.....Why would this take
a long time ????

And can I change interior overhead bulbs to LED ????? Dont even know how to pry open
the overhead lenses/enclosures

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
It's Sam, Thanks for your knowledge and reply............................

"If you are interested in finding out the best bulb replacement"

I am only asking what options I have to upgrade from base hologen to ??????.....Why would this take
a long time ????

And can I change interior overhead bulbs to LED ????? Dont even know how to pry open
the overhead lenses/enclosures

You should start your own thread.

Zzonyx

Hi,
You have only one legal possibility for your headlamps: install exactly the same OEM-type bulbs, i.e. halogens if the car was factory-equipped with those.
Then there are many other options (mostly aftermarket HID or LED), all illegal at the current state of affairs. Beware of OFF-ROAD, RACE and similar labels - a sly way of saying NOT STREET LEGAL. Something may change in a year or two, but first in the US.
In order to understand what are the main components of your specific car is to read and decode the PR-codes on the sticker found in the trunk or in the Owners' Manual - a set of three-character strings, each describing items such as brakes, infotainment, transmission etc. - headlights should be covered there, I suppose.