18 GTI SE DSG
they discontinued the option to buy lifetime and it's yearly now :(

Update: purchased

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just so people are aware, the "lifetime pro" thing is tied to the account, not the physical device. So unless someone gives over the email/username and password for their account, it's just a basic old device. There is no difference between the physical items (asides from the old white one/new black one).

ksurl

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE DSG
Just so people are aware, the "lifetime pro" thing is tied to the account, not the physical device. So unless someone gives over the email/username and password for their account, it's just a basic old device. There is no difference between the physical items (asides from the old white one/new black one).
Yes I’m aware. Will confirm the account as well

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
Yes,, I was going to buy an ODBeleven but it would now seem useless say when my battery dies after one year and I can't set the battery type as the subscription is expired. The time based subscription makes no sense to me... I would be ok with a subscription that has a finite amount of units and I need to purchase more.

ksurl

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE DSG
Yes,, I was going to buy an ODBeleven but it would now seem useless say when my battery dies after one year and I can't set the battery type as the subscription is expired. The time based subscription makes no sense to me... I would be ok with a subscription that has a finite amount of units and I need to purchase more.
It used to be lifetime. Then changed to subscription. Would make sense if you wanted to use it for a lot of coding one time. But for ongoing maintenance no

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
Right.. I may want to do future coding but as I understand the subscription model you would code say your lights and then if you want to code them back to after one year you have to pay for a full subscription again.. I would be happy if it came with a low amount of finite codes that don't expire and I could replenish when I need to.

ksurl

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE DSG
Right.. I may want to do future coding but as I understand the subscription model you would code say your lights and then if you want to code them back to after one year you have to pay for a full subscription again.. I would be happy if it came with a low amount of finite codes that don't expire and I could replenish when I need to.
They have that for the one click apps (credits, no sub required). If you want lifetime coding, find a used one with an account (like I’m trying to do) or buy a vcds cable from ross-tech/used.

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
Thanks for your knowledge. ..id like to know if there is one click app for when replacing the battery... I had emailed them and they said I needed a subscription to code the battery.

ksurl

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE DSG
Thanks for your knowledge. ..id like to know if there is one click app for when replacing the battery... I had emailed them and they said I needed a subscription to code the battery.
That is correct. If you only need it for maintenance or simple tweaks, carista has unlimited uses (no credits) but subscription only ($10 a month, $20/3months or $50/yr) for preset configs including the battery adaptation. Its also cheaper and i think ecs has it on sale. I have an unopened one Id be willing to sell if this deal goes through and I get the obd11 lifetime.

510danr

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
image0 (1).png