twig973

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Volkswagen GTI MK7
Hello!

I just bought a 2015 GTI MK7 and want to do a couple of upgrades. I’d like to:

— Purchase and install a MIB2 + 8” Infotainment with buttons
— Honeycomb Trim Pieces

Please message me with what you have! I’m also open to other stuff I’m not thinking of that I should consider buying.

Local is Dallas, Texas.

Attachments

• A197870E-0CB6-45E7-8A92-C818FC8743C3.jpeg
    A197870E-0CB6-45E7-8A92-C818FC8743C3.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
I’ve got a screen and the MIB2 unit if you’re interested. No trim, but I also don’t believe there’s a honeycomb version for the 8” that matches the rest of the Mk7 pieces. “Polar Night” I’ve heard is the closest you’ll find. PM if you’re interested in the other parts, though.

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I’ve got a screen and the MIB2 unit if you’re interested. No trim, but I also don’t believe there’s a honeycomb version for the 8” that matches the rest of the Mk7 pieces. “Polar Night” I’ve heard is the closest you’ll find. PM if you’re interested in the other parts, though.
Honeycomb trim for the 8" matte screen definitely exists.. I pulled it out of a 2016 to put into my 2015. EZT has a kit too.
https://eurozonetuning.com/products/oem-8-discover-pro-screen-retrofit-kit

However there was no honeycomb trim for the 8" glass screen, that's when GTI's went piano black.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT

twig973

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Volkswagen GTI MK7
PMed

twig973

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Volkswagen GTI MK7

bboyshadow7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Still have the screen for sale?

Jimal

Car(s)
2015 GTI 2-door
5G1819728AFDAR
IMG_5664.jpeg

Next step is sourcing a display. I don't want the factory NAV, so it seems like my most likely source is a Crafter, which means international commerce.

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
That's one of the points of upgrading from the 5.2" MIB I to the 8" MIB II; no CarPlay currently.
I don't understand the problem then, (I have no idea what you mean by Crafter and 'international commerce'). Your comment indicated that you want MIBII but not factory navigation, so just use AA or Carplay that is inherent with the retrofit..

Jimal

Car(s)
2015 GTI 2-door
I don't understand the problem then, (I have no idea what you mean by Crafter and 'international commerce'). Your comment indicated that you want MIBII but not factory navigation, so just use AA or Carplay that is inherent with the retrofit..
I'm sorry you don't understand. I'm not confused. I was just providing the missing P/N for the trim piece.