GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB : GESI/HJS Downpipe for TSI/GTI

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Title says it all.

Looking for a downpipe with a GESI or HJS cat so I don't have to worry about emissions & CEL. Still going to tune, but for inspection, don't want to mess with putting stock back on.

Have a TSI, but GTI will fit. Needs to fit stock catback, not aftermarket.

I think the only ones are AWE, BullX, MAP, Neuspeed.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
If a GTI DP will fit I believe there were one or two Neuspeeds DPs floating around down here.

I have searched here, vortex, ebay and Facebook. Haven't seen one. Can you link.

Jake Baun makes his DPs with GESI cats also.

That's one option, but I know he has a back log. And it's around $1100. Was hoping for a used one that'll be cheaper.

Milltek also uses HJS cats in their cast DP's. EC certified is Euro 6 (like AWE with their limited no CEL guarantee), non-EC is a Euro3 I believe...

Also look here: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...on-readiness-with-a-high-flow-CAT&p=113508695

Wow. If I was even somewhat handy, that would be an option. That being said, learned a lot from that thread.
Will have to ask APR if their IS38 tune disables the rear O2 sensor.

Milltek is another option I'll have to search for.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I have the Milltek HJS catted downpipe with the ceramic coating option direct from Milltek on my R. I can confirm that no CEL lights up. Now I did get a EPC light a couple times. But that was for overboost (when I was still on the stock tune). I'm stage 2 Eurodyne now. I also passed MD emissions test several months ago.

Hopefully this helps with your search.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the suggestions. Ended up getting a great deal on a Bull-X ceramic coated downpipe with an HJS cat. Hopefully it works as well as the Milltek one. I'll post results when I get it on in a couple of weeks. Going with the Non testpipe IS38 tune, so if it doesn't work as intended, I'll get a CEL.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Thanks for the suggestions. Ended up getting a great deal on a Bull-X ceramic coated downpipe with an HJS cat. Hopefully it works as well as the Milltek one. I'll post results when I get it on in a couple of weeks. Going with the Non testpipe IS38 tune, so if it doesn't work as intended, I'll get a CEL.
Bull-X is a great brand too!