GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB: 8" MIB 2 Display Unit

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
I'm looking for 8" because i cracked my 6.5". Looking for one to fit my 2016 GTI and that is plug and play. I am not opposed to a 6.5" one for a good deal. Also it must be non nav. Post what you got! Thank you.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Nav or non-nav?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

So you have a couple of options. You can use the 8" Glass Screen that MauricioGTI sells, but the trim won't match. They didn't make that trim with the honeycomb pattern. Personally, that was a dealbreaker to me. You can get an 8" matte screen that looks just like the 6.5" one (here's an example of the Nav one), but they're getting harder and harder to find, and more and more expensive. For example, I sucked it up and paid $700 for my 8" non-Nav matte screen from EZT. You can use any of the Nav version screens with your non-Nav MIB2 unit, and just the Nav button won't do anything.

If you want to stick with the 6.5", I can sell you my 6.5" non-Nav screen for $110 shipped out. Fully functioning, great condition. Came out of a 2016 SE around 45k miles. Trim piece will be included, since I have no use for it without the screen.

PXL_20201014_121934072.jpg

PXL_20201014_121946821.jpg

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Like you said I have not been able to find an 8" non nav one. I'll keep searching for a little bit. If nothing pops up, I'll contact you for your 6.5"

Question. When you went from the 6.5" to 8", you would also need a new trim piece? Also can you confirm the 8" matte part number is 7C0919606? Also was it just plug and play? Thank you.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yes, you need a new trim piece. The official matching honeycomb patter one is about $130 for an official part, but can get Chinese ones from AliExpress for about $40.

Yes, 7C0919606 is the most ideal swap (in terms of buttons), also the most rare and expensive. Only difference between that and the 6.5", is that the top left button says "Radio" instead of "Band". Same function.

5NA919606 is another non-nav option. Couple buttons different; top left is Radio vs. Band, bottom left is Mute vs. Voice, and top right is Setup vs. Mute. No idea how those buttons function.

5G0919606 is a Nav option that can be used. The Mute & Sound buttons on the top right are replaced with Nav and Traffic. The buttons won't do anything, you'll loose the Mute button, and Sound settings can still be accessed through the setup menu. That's also the cheapest and most available 8" matte option.

All of them are just plug and play. It's about a 10 minute swap. Pop off the trim, pop out the screen, unplug 2 cables. Do that in reverse to put the new one in.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I got my 8” non nav from eBay UK from a parts puller there. Fortunately, I have a friend in Scotland who bought it and shipped it for me. It was worth it because it was still cheaper than any other option I found, by a lot.

May be worth exploring if you know anyone overseas.

id offer up my 6.5” display but if I ever sell the car, I’m parting out the mods and will put it back to stock.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R