GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB: 6p-pot 360mm (18" clearance)

beflythis

Passed Driver's Ed
Fresh into a 2016 MK7 Golf R from my Stage 3+ S3 build (was american and needed a canadian vehicle)... fresh new build!
Believe it or not... the thing I miss the most is the bbk. Had heard this from other drivers but now fully understand it for myself. (previously had stoptech 6pot 380s)

Want to buy a 6 pot BBK that will clear an 18" wheel setup as I plan on going big turbo down the road.
Will pay shipping to Canada. Pref used in good/great condition, pics required.

thanks in advance!

beflythis

Passed Driver's Ed
no rush.... i spent a goddamn fortune on the S3 and am doing this build much smarter. so prowling it is.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
FWIW the TTRS front brakes are a pretty easy swap. Just need to research what wheels will fit over them. I'm currently running 18" wheels that have just enough room to allow clearance of the wheel weights from not hitting the caliper.

AdrianNikonian

Passed Driver's Ed
Check Killerbrakes.com , they sometimes have used kits.....I'm online myself shopping for a BBK, after spending tons on bigger turbo etc, wasting my money on ECS Tuning dual piece garbage, I will do it right and get a kit made to stop and last. It'll look good too I'm sure.

Reactions: ATR

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Check Killerbrakes.com , they sometimes have used kits.....I'm online myself shopping for a BBK, after spending tons on bigger turbo etc, wasting my money on ECS Tuning dual piece garbage, I will do it right and get a kit made to stop and last. It'll look good too I'm sure.
Almost forgot about that site!

Here's the MK7 selection they have...
Lots of good options :)
https://www.killerbrakes.com/product-category/volkswagen-brakes/volkswagen-golf-7-7-5-brakes/

zcspec

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MQB S3
beflythis...you may be in luck. I have a set of ST60's for sale. I am the 2nd owner, both times, these ST60s were mounted on S3s. Will they clear 18's? I am not sure as my friend and I always ran 19s with them. I don't need to tell you, stopping power is ridiculous, even better than my TTRS setup. PM me if you're interested.

*EDIT*
I checked StopTech's site and these will require 19's as the rotors are 380mm.

Last edited:

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
Stopping power is as good as your tires and road conditions as well. I have 4 piston ST40 with 245/40/17 , car stops hard over and over again, no brake fade ever. On my winter tire 205/55/17 it doesn't stop nearly as well!