GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Would you drive this (serious curb kiss)

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I'd replace it too.

Order a single from tire rack and have them shave it to match the tread depth of the other tires. In the meantime, I'd have one of those mobile wheel doctors come out and try and clean that up.

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
Replace. Personally I'd drive the three miles to tire shop.....slowly
This, If you have a spare put it on, if not just drive slow. The worst that can happen is the tire blows out and messes up the rim but it’s already messed up. It’s not an old car from the 50s, a blowout won’t cause loss of control.

Urlik

Go Kart Newbie
Did almost the same but on the inside of the tire. I put the doughnut on. With it on the inside though the flap would hit the strut so you had no choice.

LB MK7R

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Same exact thing happened to me after my friend approached the curb head on instead of reversing into it. I drove it about 10 miles to a tire shop and it was fine.

BlueWlvrn

Wait... That's a thing?!?! ?
Yeah, I had the same Q.
Else I was wondering who would give me the most credit for the 3 good wheels, or buy just a pair and go w/front-back tread life diff for now.

Also, looking into that spare tire kit I keep putting off.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
OP, where are you? I had a sidewall puncture around 5k in the OEM tire and replaced the pair. I kept the good tire.

ssaylor

Passed Driver's Ed
Too late for this but you need to pick up a spare. I finally met the pothole from hell and blew a front tire. No damage to the rim but road service just swapped the spare and I was on my way.19“ or greater wheels and US road conditions are a crapshoot.