GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOLD

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, I really don't see the problem here, other than 'someone did something I would have done, but beat me to it'.

GLWS..

bdollazzz

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Tornado Red GTI
Enjoy the bump, but it still seems like USPmotorsports.com would be cheaper as free shipping is included and shipping for VA to CA would more than likely be more than the 25 bucks. Plus I can return it and what not.
If you're interested pm me and we can work something out

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Going with the steel pan of USP for 70. More worried about cracking and impact damage than weight savings.
I'm not saying the plastic oil pans can't crack but have you seen any post where it did crack without hitting something that would also damage a steel pan?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I'm not saying the plastic oil pans can't crack but have you seen any post where it did crack without hitting something that would also damage a steel pan?
Steel tends to dent and not stress fracture. If it blows a hole in the steel pan, it sure as hell would have obliterated the plastic one.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Not true. My steel tranny pan had several dents in it and no leaks before I replaced it when I had the service done. Had it been plastic there would have been quite a few replacements.
You said if it blows a hole in the steel pan.