GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WIX oil Filter WL10024

lucyfek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI & GSW
I've used Wix on mk7 Golf and now on GTI. It's just the filter media and housing seal. While it's made in South Korea (I would not mind US origin) it looks quality. I'm quite sure it's the oil that matters more and I surely use either M1 or Castrol 0w40. My old car is still doing just fine on "lowly" Fram filtering quality 0w20 (with oil change intervals spanning up to 9000 miles).

phaphaphooey

Ready to race!
I have used this before. It is nice to run down and pick one up at a store vs a dealership which is not convenient for everyone. The endcaps are plastic or something seemingly more substantial than the cellulose type media on the Mann/OEM filters. However, I got scared away from the Wix after some research showed that the base Wix filters do not have a good filtration efficiency compared to the Mann/OEM filter.

dah90

Ready to race!
I have used this before. It is nice to run down and pick one up at a store vs a dealership which is not convenient for everyone. The endcaps are plastic or something seemingly more substantial than the cellulose type media on the Mann/OEM filters. However, I got scared away from the Wix after some research showed that the base Wix filters do not have a good filtration efficiency compared to the Mann/OEM filter.

Interesting. I have attempted to find information like you are describing, however it seems like my google skills are not as refined as yours. Lol. Could you do a guy a solid and provide a link to this information?

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
According to amazon, you'd save $1 by purchasing a Wix filter over a Mann or Mahle.

Why bother?
I get them for $7 at Napa, they are all of a similar quality. I can get the Mann for $2 more at the same place, but there is no scientific evidence that will improve anything. My lab test earlier in this thread shows excellent filtration.

What is that $2 going to get me?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

ManInTheClouds

Ready to race!
I get them for $7 at Napa, they are all of a similar quality. I can get the Mann for $2 more at the same place, but there is no scientific evidence that will improve anything. My lab test earlier in this thread shows excellent filtration.

What is that $2 going to get me?

What is that $2 going to get me? < Warranty coverage.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
You warranty won't get denied because you didn't use the OEM supplied filter. The Filter WIX produces meets and or exceeds OEM specifications for this car.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
You warranty won't get denied because you didn't use the OEM supplied filter. The Filter WIX produces meets and or exceeds OEM specifications for this car.
Exactly.

Like I have a warranty anyway, my car is heavily modified; a warranty claim would get me a "lol" in response.

95% of people here are tuned and dropped, I doubt the warranty claim denial will be for using a different premium oil filter.