GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wiring additional Fog light.

Bosun

Car(s)
2015 Golf TDi
In my place really often heavy fog and when it come with drizzling, bad driving vision. I want to install additional pair of Fog Light, with separate switch and own relay, for use it occasionally, when bad road condition.

2015 Golf Sportwagen TDi SE.

Any advice, where I can connect power wire, on which fuse? And if I install that, do I need make some coding on VCDS?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
If you are adding your own switch and relay no need to do any coding. Given that bright lights are power hungry I would add a fuse to your fuse box, not tap into an existing one. There are empty spots you can use, just add an appropriately rated fuse.

That's the safest option. That way if there was ever an electrical issue with your added lights it blows that fuse only and doesn't impact anything else.

Edit: I should clarify that adding a fuse using one of the add-a-fuse things works. I just would not tap into any existing wiring.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I would go cabin fuse box under the dash. If you're going to use an add-a-fuse you can pick one of the larger fuses and add it there.

You have to decide if you want Terminal 30 (always available) or Terminal 15 (only available with key on). I would go Terminal 15 myself since I wouldn't be using the fog lights unless driving.

There's what this excellent thread, if you want to go really clean on the install...
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...cabin-fuse-box-in-a-couple-of-minutes.373501/