GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wireless CarPlay Adapters

mr-fix

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
I'm using iPhone 11 with my Discover Media via wireless connection over CarlinKit 3.0. And I have to say that battery life is fine BUT I had to make sure that the GPS option is enabled in CarlinKit advanced settings.
CarPlay dashboard shows your current position, so it requires the GPS receiver to work all the time which will drain the battery much faster. However the GPS option will make sure that your phones GPS receiver will not be used. Your cars GPS antenna data will be passed though via the dongle to the phone. This saves the battery + your position will not be lost in tunnels etc. since the car will estimate position based on other data (wheel speed and steering angle postion).

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Also ordered the Carlinkit 4.0 to try it out. I have the 3.0 and it works fine, but I remember going from 2->3 made the unit noticeably more responsive so its worth the $ to me.

Have to figure out what to do with the older ones. I guess my fiends with a VW will get a nice gift lol.

Lena77

Car(s)
Golf
Also ordered the Carlinkit 4.0 to try it out. I have the 3.0 and it works fine, but I remember going from 2->3 made the unit noticeably more responsive so its worth the $ to me.

Have to figure out what to do with the older ones. I guess my fiends with a VW will get a nice gift lol.
Thanks. I bought the carlinkit 4.0 from https://carlinkitbox.com/products/carlinkit-4-0-wireless-carplay-android-auto and when I got it, I thought it was really worth my money. It is small in size and is elegant in my opinion (Not cheap plastic). The setup is easier and the re-connection is pretty fast, plug and play.
I am satisfied with my this purchase. This is really convenient, the key is that the adapter can also charge my phone!!!
The price of 4.0 adapter is also reasonable, less than $85. Now they have a 15% discount for items. It's definitely worth it!

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘19 AT, B9 S4, R32
I’ve been using this for about two months it’s been fast and flawless with my Pioneer carplay unit in my MK4. Should also worked fine with MK7, i’ve been meaning to try in our alltrack, but I haven’t got around to it.

OTTOCAST Wireless CarPlay Adapter for iPhone - 2022 Upgrade Wired to Wireless Apple Carplay Dongle - 5GHz WiFi, Low Latency, Plug & Play, Online Update https://a.co/d/eaTKM1S

mr-fix

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Currently testing two devices: CarlinKit 4.0 and Ailinkbox-A7.

CarlinKit with July firmware works much better and stable than on previously installed one. Had an issue with it one time when my system froze (not the dongle but my Discover Media). I believe at cold start it was too much for it to handle to connect with the dongle, load other system components and display rear view camera image at the same time.

Ailinkbox with recent firmware is also working stable. Nice thing to notice that they are actually responding to the feedback send via the form in advanced settings. I asked for boot delay and they added it within few days.