GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Winter tire size

Pete_CFB

Ready to race!
I found me some OEM VW wheels in 17"(Salamanca) that cleared the PP brakes.

Will be going with a 225/45/17(0.6%), 215/50/17(1.6%) or 205/50/17(0%) depending on how wide the tread is(Toyos are more square than others for example). The 205s might be a bit narrow for hte 17x7.5 tho so 215 or 225 it'll be most likely depending on deals/tires special I will find this autumn.

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
225/45/17 on 7.5". My now-discontinued Pirelli Sottozeros ride more smoothly than the stock Hankooks too.

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
Keep in mind that while going to a narrower tire like a 215 or 205 will be better for cutting through deep snow, it will give you less traction on the dry and wet pavement for braking, cornering, and accelerating in those conditions.

Nearly everything with tires is a tradeoff. You might actually find better results with a different winter tire than with a different size. What winter tire did you use this past season?

videoguy009

Ready to race!
Keep in mind that while going to a narrower tire like a 215 or 205 will be better for cutting through deep snow, it will give you less traction on the dry and wet pavement for braking, cornering, and accelerating in those conditions.

Nearly everything with tires is a tradeoff. You might actually find better results with a different winter tire than with a different size. What winter tire did you use this past season?

Hercules Tires Avalanche R-G2

I had a couple damaged belts from hitting a pot hole early spring and couldn't replace it because they were discontinued.They were built in Russia.What is a good winter tire.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
Hercules Tires Avalanche R-G2

I had a couple damaged belts from hitting a pot hole early spring and couldn't replace it because they were discontinued.They were built in Russia.What is a good winter tire.

They are built under license from Nokian, and Nokian has one of the main plants in Russia. They are the "old" Hakkapeliitta R

My old Nokian WR G3, Hakkapeliitta RSI and current Z-Line A/S are all made in Russia.