GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wing mirror not aligned on the door properly

Darkphoenix

Car(s)
Golf 7 GTD
Hello I have just purchased myself a Golf 7 GTD and I’ve noticed the wing mirror on the drivers side is not seated where it should be. There is a gap between the mirror and the door (see picture)
How do I remove the wing to refit it in the correct position?
I think this is causing excess wind noise coming into the cabin.
hope someone can help me

Cheers Craig.
7D564337-CE1D-481D-9995-3C9872CFEB2D.jpeg
8E97DB5B-08BA-4ECE-8B9F-C8C187A82262.jpeg

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I‘m wondering why you would need to remove the wing (fender) on the car to remove the door mirror.

If you open the driver’s door, if your car is an earlier mk7, then there’ll be a black plastic plate covering the door mirror fixing screws / bolts like in the picture below;

F2D53FDE-E49C-459F-A70F-9EED8386BEF3.png

If your car doesn’t have this cover, then you’ll be able to see the two fixing screws / bolts.

This video shows the complete door mirror assembly being removed. I doubt you’d need to remove the door card like the guy in the video does - he’s removing it because he’s changing manually folding door mirrors with electric folding replacements.

Darkphoenix

Car(s)
Golf 7 GTD
Sorry it was supposed to say wing mirror not entire wing.

Anyway thanks I did exactly that. Removed the little black cover and revealed the two torx screws that I loosened slightly and the wing mirror dropped nicely into place. Tightened and refit cover.

Thanks
Craig