GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wilwood BBK: Any Good?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Wilwood have been on the go since 1977 & well known over here.....

They are up there with AP Racing, Tar.ox, Brembo, as caliper manufacturers..

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
If it is like past wilwood setups I have used it doesn’t have weather seals on the pistons. Expect to rebuild every 10-25k miles.

Bernb6

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Re cost of replacement rings, my experience with two piece rotors is that they can be a bargain if you track heavily. On my previous Porsches, I would need to replace my one piece rotors every other brake pad change. I've used both Stoptech and Girodisc two piece rotors and found they lasted many times longer than one piece, I assume because of their ability to use different cast iron formulations.
Re weather seals/dust seals, track use quickly degrades them and many HPDErs and racers simply leave them off anyway.

Golf R GT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Re cost of replacement rings, my experience with two piece rotors is that they can be a bargain if you track heavily. On my previous Porsches, I would need to replace my one piece rotors every other brake pad change. I've used both Stoptech and Girodisc two piece rotors and found they lasted many times longer than one piece, I assume because of their ability to use different cast iron formulations.
Re weather seals/dust seals, track use quickly degrades them and many HPDErs and racers simply leave them off anyway.

it cost me around $1300 to replace new Brembo type 3 rings/hardware

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The rotors seem smallish in both diameter and thickness.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Better and lighter discs?

328 x 28 rotors, even if 2 piece, are going to have a hard time on track.

Unless you're building a drag car, then knock yourself out.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
328 x 28 rotors, even if 2 piece, are going to have a hard time on track.

Unless you're building a drag car, then knock yourself out.
Completely disagree. Been using stoptech 328mm rotors with the st40 kit, carbotech pads, SRF for years and they hold up to extended track sessions great.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Completely disagree. Been using stoptech 328mm rotors with the st40 kit, carbotech pads, SRF for years and they hold up to extended track sessions great.

What does your mk6 weigh?