GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will_s Night Blue GTI daily turned track build

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Met a fellow GTI owner at a cars and coffee this morning. After, we went on a little cruise along with a challenger and Vette ZR1 with my friends GTI leading the way. Surprisingly, the ZR1 had a little trouble keeping up on the tight twisty roads we were on. Got absolutely bussed by the ZR1 in a little 55-100 pull though, didn’t help I accidentally started in 4th. But hey, good times nonetheless.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Installed Bilstein B8s this past weekend. Car rides phenomenally well now paired with my APR springs. Firm but not harsh. Much more responsive. Comfy and not bouncy when cruising but super responsive when driving hard. Couldn’t be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
eBay twintercooler installed this weekend. Took a few more hours than expected mainly due to trying to get the (oversized) boost hoses to fit and secure correctly over the stock intercooler outlet. Overall very happy for only $300. Can’t wait to see what difference it makes with summer and triple digit temps quickly approaching. Also went to a cars and coffee this morning and saw this beauty of a Bug.

Yours truly trying to get boost hoses to fit

Reactions: q74

Rollback50k1

Ready to race!
Link to the eBay intercooler?

Also, did you run the cheap eBay clamps? I’ve never really heard anything bad about eBay fmic with the exception of the clamps and hoses they come with.

You referred to it as a Twintercooler. Does it require you to run the stock intercooler in addition to the new fmic?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Link to the eBay intercooler?

Also, did you run the cheap eBay clamps? I’ve never really heard anything bad about eBay fmic with the exception of the clamps and hoses they come with.

You referred to it as a Twintercooler. Does it require you to run the stock intercooler in addition to the new fmic?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FMIC-Twin-...d-0cfd-40c3-9da7-007040d52f7f&epid=8022610140

Yes I used the clamps that came with it, but they actually seemed relatively tough. Much larger than stock clamps.

And yes it runs in parallel with the stock intercooler.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Did a lot this week. Wednesday I went to the DMV and got my new vanity plates. ACRPHBC, aka fear of heights. Thursday night I installed new forge intercooler hoses to go with my eBay FMIC. They fit much better than the eBay hoses.

I also installed an Aerofabb V2 front splitter. It hadn’t even been delivered when I started taking the bumper off (was doing the intercooler anyway) but luckily the UPS guy showed up right on time.

On Saturday I went AutoXing at thunderhill with some friends. First time but had a blast! Got faster every run and really learned a lot about the car.

https://youtu.be/1ps5hNdRrGE

Last edited:

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Long time no update. Over the past few months I’ve done a few things.

1. Put on black GTI badges in place of red ones. The red delete continues.

2. Took it on a little road trip/vacation through Tahoe and Yosemite

3. Custom front spacers (no more hubcentric rings) and removed rust off the hubs

4. Eibach 25mm rear sway bar w/ Moogs endlinks

Oh...and got a speeding ticket. Oops.

Not sure what’s up next, maybe roof racks for ski season? We shall see.

Wade_GT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI S 6M
Way to enjoy the car. Have got considered black mirror caps to go with your de-red theme? I have the $20 ones off eBay and they look and fit great.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Way to enjoy the car. Have got considered black mirror caps to go with your de-red theme? I have the $20 ones off eBay and they look and fit great.

I have, not sure if I want black or silver. Silver would match the rims and grille but black would be more subtle? Just haven't made a decision on it yet. And thank you.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
30k service and OEM splash guards installed today. No issues in the first 30k! (aside from what I've caused). Still feels new.

IMG_5441.jpg

Also some recent photos that I really liked:

DSC08726.jpg
SideProfileLow.jpg
DSC08724.jpg

Side3Quarter.jpg

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Now that you have added all that power maybe the brakes should be upgraded, Front: PP 340mm with PP calipers (same as R), or even something larger and performance pads. Have a set of PP calipers with carriers and Neuspeed SS brake lines that I might be interested in selling as I have gone to the TTS 4-piston calipers.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Now that you have added all that power maybe the brakes should be upgraded, Front: PP 340mm with PP calipers (same as R), or even something larger and performance pads. Have a set of PP calipers with carriers and Neuspeed SS brake lines that I might be interested in selling as I have gone to the TTS 4-piston calipers.
They’ve long been on my wish list as it’s kinda the only thing holding me back from track days. I just don’t quite have the motivation to throw that money at the car yet. I’m more tempted to buy a Miata to use as a track beater.