GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will_s Night Blue GTI daily turned track build

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
I really like those cars. Would consider one if I didn't need a functional back seat.

Brian_

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
The GR86 arrived today. You’ll find me back at Laguna/Sonoma/Thunderhill in about a month. Already got parts piled up my living room :)
Keeping it stock drivetrain? Interested to see if the whole RTV blown engine that just went viral is going to drive Toyota warranty changes for non-competition track use of GR vehicles.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
If anyone would like my old GTI, it is currently for sale for just about $2k more than I paid for it NEW :LOL:

https://www.carmax.com/car/23037670

In GR86 news…I am just under 1k miles at present. So far I’ve done coilovers, 20% tint, Endless MX72 Plus pads, adjustable rear lower control arms, and clear side markers. It’s first track day will be Saturday Sep 17th at Thunderhill West. My best GTI time there was 1:25.6, I think I can possibly swing 1:28 in this on stock tires.

6C730BEC-F2FF-4124-8605-2E3AA01A5D48.jpeg

Autobahn

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
If anyone would like my old GTI, it is currently for sale for just about $2k more than I paid for it NEW :LOL:

In GR86 news…I am just under 1k miles at present. So far I’ve done coilovers, 20% tint, Endless MX72 Plus pads, adjustable rear lower control arms, and clear side markers. It’s first track day will be Saturday Sep 17th at Thunderhill West. My best GTI time there was 1:25.6, I think I can possibly swing 1:28 in this on stock tires.
Diggin the color!

Dyoshi

Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI Sport
How much was the GR86? I saw one at a local car dealer with 1k miles and the A/T for $35K 😫

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
How much was the GR86? I saw one at a local car dealer with 1k miles and the A/T for $35K 😫

Could be worse. Carvana has used ones for $42.5k 🤮

1663299409863.png

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG

I got mine for MSRP, ordered specifically from a MSRP only dealer. It was like $31.8k before taxes, I think $36.5 OTD. I paid an additional $1000 for an add on insurance that covers the windshield (OEM glass and install/sensor alignment) for 4 years, which seemed worth it as I have had bad luck with windshields.

First track day this Saturday at Thunderhill West!

4EA36EB6-B5DC-4E0D-B0D9-B1790C35390B.jpeg

Dyoshi

Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI Sport

View attachment 258872
I would not be surprised if you get close or even match your GTI time with non 200tw tires, easily doable with. The new GR86 is very quick around my local tracks in the hands of a capable driver. Have fun out there!

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I got mine for MSRP, ordered specifically from a MSRP only dealer. It was like $31.8k before taxes, I think $36.5 OTD. I paid an additional $1000 for an add on insurance that covers the windshield (OEM glass and install/sensor alignment) for 4 years, which seemed worth it as I have had bad luck with windshields.

First track day this Saturday at Thunderhill West!

View attachment 260777
......what's the tax rate out by you? If I tack on that extra 1k to get a price of 32.8 on the car that means tax would have to be 3.7 or just over 11% on the sale. Is that right?