GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will_s Night Blue GTI daily turned track build

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
That little spoiler extension thing you have on there, do you feel like it does anything for you?

Eh, I'd like to think so, but probably not. I'm not sure if any of the "aero" on my car is truly functional. The Verus diffuser has some real engineering behind it but I don't think the effect it has on reducing drag is huge. The Aerofabb splitter and spoiler extension were just for show.

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
Eh, I'd like to think so, but probably not. I'm not sure if any of the "aero" on my car is truly functional. The Verus diffuser has some real engineering behind it but I don't think the effect it has on reducing drag is huge. The Aerofabb splitter and spoiler extension were just for show.
makes sense. In theory, I suppose a splitter that keeps some air from going under and creating lift might make some sort of difference, but yeah, who knows how much.. Can you tell my brain has started looking for tenths on track? :D

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Fresh 245/40/17 RT660s today, also had brakes flushed with Castrol SRF. Hoping to get 5 days out of these but we'll see. Expecting a healthy 1-2sec diff over RS4s, should be able to set some fast laps. They are definitely a bit wider than the RS4s were.

D9ECF151-99F0-41D7-BD1C-0DBB742A7616.jpeg

C47E6B9B-17B3-4242-A2E4-DA758B781E2C.jpeg

Bernb6

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
I look forward to hearing how they work out on track.
Bern

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Any reason(s) on 245 over 255? Gearing/response?
RT660s run super wide, 255 would likely rub under compression and possibly under hard cornering. I’ve found the section width limit for the rear on GTIs is about 10.3” before you risk rubbing on fuel filler cap (at least with my alignment settings). The 255s are 10.4” I believe. I prefer a slight stretch on my tires to for better sidewall support, especially on the front axis

2LEEGIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI MK7
RT660s run super wide, 255 would likely rub under compression and possibly under hard cornering. I’ve found the section width limit for the rear on GTIs is about 10.3” before you risk rubbing on fuel filler cap (at least with my alignment settings). The 255s are 10.4” I believe. I prefer a slight stretch on my tires to for better sidewall support, especially on the front axis
Any spacers? You could run 5mm to compensate for the extra girth.😁

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Any spacers? You could run 5mm to compensate for the extra girth.😁
I've considered running a 3mm spacer in the rear to fit 255s but it may chew up the rear fender. I'm more focused on just being a faster driver though than trying to absolutely max out how much tire I can fit.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Well, this week I put down a deposit on my next car, a GR86 in Neptune (premium package w/ MT). I told the dealer I would also take the car in Red, Silver, or Trueno (dark) blue. Its going to be minimum 3 month wait, likely closer to 6, but I figured best to get the deposit in now.

As such I will begin slowly parting out the GTI, keeping the necessary stuff for tracking for as long as possible. I have some parts of the car and ready to go now and will be posting lots of stuff for sale in the coming weeks. Let me know if you want dibs on anything. Things that will be coming off the car and approximate prices:

Racingline Oil Cooler - BNIB - $425 (ready now)
Verus Diffuser - good condition - $400 (ready now)
BEC MK7.5 Golf R reps w/ built in LED - good condition - $300
PP Grille w/ Chrome strip - free
Rear wiper delete - free
Schroth Quick Fit Pro - great condition - $300
Stoptech ST60 w/ 355 rotors - I will clean change any needed parts before selling - $1500
Apex SM10 17x9 ET 42 - will likely come with used 200tw tires - $900 (tbd depending on state of tires)
Aerofabb rear spoiler extension - $50
Cobb AP w/ EQT St2 91oct - $600
ECS FMIC - $250
BFI Catch Can - $300
Baun Performance V1 Downpipe - $250
EQT Coilovers (normal) - $800

Probably some more stuff I forgot about.

I'm in search of the following parts to help w/ stock conversion:

OEM Halogen headlights for 15-17 GTI
OEM non-PP grill 15-17 GTI
OEM Austin wheels
OEM springs/dampers

This is going to be a fairly slow process as I will do aesthetic things first then performance mods last. Trying to do at least 3 more track days with the car, but might do 5-6 depending on how long the GR86 takes to come in. Reason I'm switching? Want to be better at RWD and driving stick. I think the GR86 will help me develop as a driver better than the GTI, and at the moment I don't use the practicality the GTI affords that often. I bike to work and pretty much just drive the car to the gym or on weekends. I thought about buying an SS 1LE but would prefer to save some cash for future expenses and have lower running costs.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Well, this week I put down a deposit on my next car, a GR86 in Neptune (premium package w/ MT). I told the dealer I would also take the car in Red, Silver, or Trueno (dark) blue. Its going to be minimum 3 month wait, likely closer to 6, but I figured best to get the deposit in now.

As such I will begin slowly parting out the GTI, keeping the necessary stuff for tracking for as long as possible. I have some parts of the car and ready to go now and will be posting lots of stuff for sale in the coming weeks. Let me know if you want dibs on anything. Things that will be coming off the car and approximate prices:

Racingline Oil Cooler - BNIB - $425 (ready now)
Verus Diffuser - good condition - $400 (ready now)
BEC MK7.5 Golf R reps w/ built in LED - good condition - $300
PP Grille w/ Chrome strip - free
Rear wiper delete - free
Schroth Quick Fit Pro - great condition - $300
Stoptech ST60 w/ 355 rotors - I will clean change any needed parts before selling - $1500
Apex SM10 17x9 ET 42 - will likely come with used 200tw tires - $900 (tbd depending on state of tires)
Aerofabb rear spoiler extension - $50
Cobb AP w/ EQT St2 91oct - $600
ECS FMIC - $250
BFI Catch Can - $300
Baun Performance V1 Downpipe - $250
EQT Coilovers (normal) - $800

Probably some more stuff I forgot about.

I'm in search of the following parts to help w/ stock conversion:

OEM Halogen headlights for 15-17 GTI
OEM non-PP grill 15-17 GTI
OEM Austin wheels
OEM springs/dampers

This is going to be a fairly slow process as I will do aesthetic things first then performance mods last. Trying to do at least 3 more track days with the car, but might do 5-6 depending on how long the GR86 takes to come in. Reason I'm switching? Want to be better at RWD and driving stick. I think the GR86 will help me develop as a driver better than the GTI, and at the moment I don't use the practicality the GTI affords that often. I bike to work and pretty much just drive the car to the gym or on weekends. I thought about buying an SS 1LE but would prefer to save some cash for future expenses and have lower running costs.
Might be interested in that downpipe - is it a dibs situation on when it comes off? And is it catted?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Might be interested in that downpipe - is it a dibs situation on when it comes off? And is it catted?
It is catted. If someone expresses interest now, I’ll contact them first when the part is ready to go. I should also mention I probably won’t ship the larger/heavier items including the downpipe though, unless buyer wants to pay shipping.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
It is catted. If someone expresses interest now, I’ll contact them first when the part is ready to go. I should also mention I probably won’t ship the larger/heavier items including the downpipe though, unless buyer wants to pay shipping.
I'd probably be interested in it when you're ready to let it go. And I'd be more than willing to pay shipping.

quick question - were you running that to the stock catback?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I'd probably be interested in it when you're ready to let it go. And I'd be more than willing to pay shipping.

quick question - were you running that to the stock catback?
Yes, and great, I’ll reach out when it’s ready to go.