Will these fit on my golf ??

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
No

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
How much other stuff do you want to do to get them to fit, and is the answer bags and -5 degrees of camber?

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
looks like your trying to buy used if you start with the correct face with blueprint it will allow you to pic the biggest outer lips and inner barrels without poking, I've owned over 7 sets of Schmidt wheels over 20 yrs and always dealt with Volker Schmidt himself when buying a new set, he would supply me with all the tech info to allow me to pick the best fitment without looking like a shitty fitment

Capture-Front_zpsbc7cb83b.jpg
Capture-rear_zpsfd1521ec.jpg
473221_10151651759508035_1710531313_o_zps0f583395.jpg
IMG_20160123_142022_zpsbu4ktipz.jpg
8.jpg

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
this is a 19x11 with a 4.5in dish and 19x9.5 3.5 dish flush. With a negative offset spoke wheel like the meister it will allow for a bigger dish than a straight spoke wheel say like a Oz Futura

10517270_10152653667603035_5194070625730573114_o_zps52895c58.jpg

Last edited:

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Instead of spending a fuck ton of time and money on suspension to fit those wheels, why not just get wheels that fit?

kak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 R 6MT
I’m honestly surprised there aren’t stickies in here with info like “this won’t work. Don’t ask.” type thing.

I’ve prob missed it tho.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I’m honestly surprised there aren’t stickies in here with info like “this won’t work. Don’t ask.” type thing.

I’ve prob missed it tho.

There are a lot of wheels that will "fit" if you try hard enough and spend enough money. The problem is if you're wanting one of those types of setups, no one on this forum is going to have the answer to questions like that, and shouldn't answer them unless they're going to get paid for consultation IMO. That's why so many stanced folks seldom share their secret sauce offsets and alignment specs.

A 18x9.5 ET30 wheel is 37mm or about 1.5" further out than the OEM wheel setup. With bags, a frame notch, disconnected sway bar links, a little fender work, stretched tires and a very precise alignment, that wheel will 1000% fit and look great. I repeat, to the OP, definitively they will fit. Knock yourself out. (y)

kak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 R 6MT
There are a lot of wheels that will "fit" if you try hard enough and spend enough money. The problem is if you're wanting one of those types of setups, no one on this forum is going to have the answer to questions like that, and shouldn't answer them unless they're going to get paid for consultation IMO. That's why so many stanced folks seldom share their secret sauce offsets and alignment specs.

A 18x9.5 ET30 wheel is 37mm or about 1.5" further out than the OEM wheel setup. With bags, a frame notch, disconnected sway bar links, a little fender work, stretched tires and a very precise alignment, that wheel will 1000% fit and look great. I repeat, to the OP, definitively they will fit. Knock yourself out. (y)
Oh I’m aware of all that. I lived in Hawaii for a while where wheel specs would fail you on inspection, regardless if you got them to fit. I was just saying .. shocked there’s no “here’s what’s good for general setups, the rest requires a saw, hammer, and heat gun.”

In for pics, either way.