GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will these fit a Golf mk7 R? (Seat Leon Cupra (Mk3) Brembos)

scrllock

Autocross Champion
No reason they wouldn't, but it looks like a lot of their BBKs are no longer available. I'd be wary of picking one up now, no guarantee APR will keep supplying spares.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
No reason they wouldn't, but it looks like a lot of their BBKs are no longer available. I'd be wary of picking one up now, no guarantee APR will keep supplying spares.
From what I heard before, from the get go apr never supplied spare part for rebuilds or repairs either.

Knowing Apr… I’m sure these calipers are available on Ali express and they just worked with the China factory to make them the necessary rotor hats, brackets and lines to work with our VAG cars.

Very much like raceline😅 their caliper design has randomly changed on their kits over the years and you can see it’s based on the supply chain they used lol.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
From what I heard before, from the get go apr never supplied spare part for rebuilds or repairs either.

Knowing Apr… I’m sure these calipers are available on Ali express and they just worked with the China factory to make them the necessary rotor hats, brackets and lines to work with our VAG cars.

Very much like raceline😅 their caliper design has randomly changed on their kits over the years and you can see it’s based on the supply chain they used lol.
I'm not sure where Powerbrake does their manufacturing, but they're pretty legit calipers actually.

https://powerbrakeglobal.com/about-us

Shame that they mostly got out of the road car market in favor of offroad/4x4.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Wow that's a great price.. I wonder what pad works with those.

Reading past the pictures....

1678557825104.png

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I'm not sure where Powerbrake does their manufacturing, but they're pretty legit calipers actually.

https://powerbrakeglobal.com/about-us

Shame that they mostly got out of the road car market in favor of offroad/4x4.
That’s good, atleast In that case then you should still be able to get what you need direct from them for parts.

On that same note… when they released the pedal tuner I thought it was odd to add one so late in the game - then I found out it was just a recycled product that Holley has had for years under another on of their brands

https://www.edgeproducts.com/products/ampd_throttle_booster/

With that said, I still have APR stuff on my car and I ordered some of their wheels for the passat gt the other day too😂😂

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I would imagine that they would need different hangers to fit a Mk7 though
What hangers?

The only concern that seems to come up when I look deeper is that the 8v hatch is rumored to have different hubs than the 8v sedan stateside that I’ve seen the oem brakes direct transfer to a mk7 GTI/R

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
What hangers?

The only concern that seems to come up when I look deeper is that the 8v hatch is rumored to have different hubs than the 8v sedan stateside that I’ve seen the oem brakes direct transfer to a mk7 GTI/R
The only 4 pot brakes that fit from an Audi as a direct fit to a Mk7 Golf are the TTS callipers.
All the rest RS3, TTRS etc require adaptor hangers. You can see them in the photo in the link you provided.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The only 4 pot brakes that fit from an Audi as a direct fit to a Mk7 Golf are the TTS callipers.
All the rest RS3, TTRS etc require adaptor hangers. You can see them in the photo in the link you provided.
Incorrect.

The oem carriers “hangers” from the rs3 (8pot) and ttrs (mk2 4pot) all Match the bolt spacing/thread needed to bolt to the mk7s when you see aftermarket carriers with those calipers being sold it’s because That’s for running those calipers with smaller rotors.

While yes, the tts and macan calipers are built with the “hangers” already molded to the calipers and at first glance maybe that’s the part that’s confusing you but the bolt spread of them all match our spindles. Hell even the older Porsche/brembo 17z and 18z calipers still have the same bolt pattern as well but the reason they don’t work on the mk7s with aluminum Spindles (works on older steel) is cause there is extra meat on the spindles themselves and the calipers make contact before you can line up the bolts.

I run ttrs calipers on my mk7 car with oem carriers “hangers” btw.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
they're aftermarket brakes for an RS3... which has the same hubs... as long as you have the proper carrier and rotor, no reason it won't work.
usually the larger (370+mm) kits are marketed at the 2.5t cars rather than 2.0t as it's really just not needed.

rOcKoN92

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 R

Oh wow, I kind of like them now although tbh brembos look better, what's the clearance on these?

Way more bling with way bigger rotors and 2 piece, and killer price

https://www.goapr.com/products/brak...t9mz30l6hLW1f5rtYZHsbXjcBPSSUPqMaAqU5EALw_wcB

Don't really like the design, each to their own but thanks for sharing :)

If it's just for looks, do the Macan 4 pots. They're a perfect fit.

Follow the first post of the Macan thread and pedal feel will be fine.

Every damn time someone complains about pedal feel, I ask them if they assembled using Castrol RRG and it's always no. Did you follow the bleeding instructions? No.

Don't follow directions, your going to have crappy pedal feel.

Follow directions and you're fine.

Thank you for these, really makes me feel better about doing this cause I am probably gonna go for either the initial brakes I shared on Freaky Parts or the Macans from Killer Brakes.
The price is pretty close.

I will also probably change the rotors with some of these 🤤 (photo is just a random one but you get the idea)

s-l500.jpg

If anyone could recommend a decent 340x30mm set, that would be amazing.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R

APR doesn't have any rebuild parts - they directed me to Powerbrake South Africa, who also said - no rebuild parts....