GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will these fit a Golf mk7 R? (Seat Leon Cupra (Mk3) Brembos)

rOcKoN92

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 R
Just seen this on my front left brake rotor, is it normal?
BEC6C607-0D6F-43E3-BCF3-59670D1212C2.jpeg
705EF9E1-DC11-404E-A9FF-F8FE2D50CBC5.jpeg

Asking because they are at around 50% of their life span and thought i could get away with upgrading just the caliper for now.

Attachments

• 283F3C3B-D601-4774-9E9C-309907DE372A.jpeg
    283F3C3B-D601-4774-9E9C-309907DE372A.jpeg
    541.2 KB · Views: 31

rOcKoN92

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 R
or just get the TTS callipers as they come painted red from the factory
I like the looks of Macans better tbh, this upgrade is just for looks so as long as performance is the same as the standard R brakes I don't mind.

My issue now after reading around for this upgrade is the pedal feel of the Macans or any other 4pot might be crap with our MC and that we may need to fit Residual Pressure Valves - which I am not comfortable doing. I just want this to be as straight forward as possible and keeping the pedal feel as OEM as possible.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I like the looks of Macans better tbh, this upgrade is just for looks so as long as performance is the same as the standard R brakes I don't mind.

My issue now after reading around for this upgrade is the pedal feel of the Macans or any other 4pot might be crap with our MC and that we may need to fit Residual Pressure Valves - which I am not comfortable doing. I just want this to be as straight forward as possible and keeping the pedal feel as OEM as possible.

Doesn’t the TTRS use the same MC?

rOcKoN92

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 R
Doesn’t the TTRS use the same MC?
I don't know, probably not though, the TT RS ones being 4pots and the Golf R ones single piston. I might be wrong :D
TTRS calipers feel as good if not better than stock R brakes to me.
This is good to know, so we are back to the initial brakes I mentioned at the start of this thread, they are as close as possible to the TT RS brakes so should have no issue with pedal feel whereas in the Macan's although a straight swap it is a documented issue.

I could source a TT RS set but cannot justify the cost of a used set plus rebuilding, plus carriers to fit them to 340mm brake disc, this is if a deal doesn't just pop out of nowhere.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I don't know, probably not though, the TT RS ones being 4pots and the Golf R ones single piston. I might be wrong :D

This is good to know, so we are back to the initial brakes I mentioned at the start of this thread, they are as close as possible to the TT RS brakes so should have no issue with pedal feel whereas in the Macan's although a straight swap it is a documented issue.

I could source a TT RS set but cannot justify the cost of a used set plus rebuilding, plus carriers to fit them to 340mm brake disc, this is if a deal doesn't just pop out of nowhere.
The 8v RS3 and 8s TTRS use the same M/C part number as the 1.8 Golfs. No one's done a good comparison of the ABS module coding though.

The PP/R calipers are a large floating piston, the 4-pots are smaller diameter and a fixed piston configuration has half the movement. Piston count is a very small part of the picture.

rOcKoN92

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 R
The 8v RS3 and 8s TTRS use the same M/C part number as the 1.8 Golfs. No one's done a good comparison of the ABS module coding though.

The PP/R calipers are a large floating piston, the 4-pots are smaller diameter and a fixed piston configuration has half the movement. Piston count is a very small part of the picture.
Oh well, I stand corrected. I am not so knowledgeable when it comes to brakes. Thanks for clarifying.

Just looking for the easiest swap which is as sexy as possible 😂

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Well I do it for cosmetic purposes, always had a fetish with BBKs 😂 and I don't really like the looks of the newer TTS calipers

TTS:

View attachment 274727

They don't look too bad but look at these mate, these are sexier..

View attachment 274728

Useful information here, thanks for sharing!
If it's just for looks, do the Macan 4 pots. They're a perfect fit.

Follow the first post of the Macan thread and pedal feel will be fine.

Every damn time someone complains about pedal feel, I ask them if they assembled using Castrol RRG and it's always no. Did you follow the bleeding instructions? No.

Don't follow directions, your going to have crappy pedal feel.

Follow directions and you're fine.

Last edited: