GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will these fit a Golf mk7 R? (Seat Leon Cupra (Mk3) Brembos)

rOcKoN92

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 R
If you live in Europe why don't you order tts calipers on eacca they are like 300 euros each

Well I do it for cosmetic purposes, always had a fetish with BBKs 😂 and I don't really like the looks of the newer TTS calipers

TTS:

s-l1600.jpg

They don't look too bad but look at these mate, these are sexier..

BremboRSMk3_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Be careful here...these Megane calipers are not identical to the TTRS caliper. They look identical in overall shape, take the same brake pad, maybe the same pin kit (IDK), etc. but the mounting holes are further apart on the Megane calipers and the pistons are different (Megane ones use 40mm/40mm pistons, the TTRS ones use 40mm/44mm). I thought "these are the same" back when I got the calipers so I ordered the VBT brackets for the TTRS calipers. Did not come close to fitting.

Brembo sells the rights to manufacture its products to car companies so that it doesn't have to produce everything on its own. I believe that they sell this mono-block "shell" (for lack of a correct term) to a few OE manufacturers and then they can customize it to their specs.

Useful information here, thanks for sharing!

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I'm like you and only 'upgraded' my brakes for visual purposes. I ended up with going down the TTS route. Its a mild upgrade and the callipers look way better than stock, especially after paint.
The biggest issues is that there is only a small option of pad choice.

Attachments

• IMG_3149.JPG
    IMG_3149.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3404.JPG
    IMG_3404.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3376.JPG
    IMG_3376.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 52

rOcKoN92

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 R
I'm like you and only 'upgraded' my brakes for visual purposes. I ended up with going down the TTS route. Its a mild upgrade and the callipers look way better than stock, especially after paint.
The biggest issues is that there is only a small option of pad choice.
How is the feeling with these? and also any improvement in braking?

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
The feeling is great. So much so that a buddy of mine went right out to buy a set after driving car. There doesn't seem to be the same issue with these as with Macan callipers.
Improved braking is always subjective after changing pads, callipers, lines etc but I would say its better. Being 4 pot they will also be more consistent after repeated braking too.
My buddy and I went to the Ring last year and had zero issues.

rOcKoN92

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 R
The feeling is great. So much so that a buddy of mine went right out to buy a set after driving car. There doesn't seem to be the same issue with these as with Macan callipers.
Improved braking is always subjective after changing pads, callipers, lines etc but I would say its better. Being 4 pot they will also be more consistent after repeated braking too.
My buddy and I went to the Ring last year and had zero issues.
thanks for letting me know, and what is the clearance like? do they fit under oem fitment wheels or require any spacers?

Stanislao

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2018

rOcKoN92

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 R

Stanislao

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2018
Odd think is that judging by the template provided by Freaky Parts, mine will fit with no spacer and still 10mm of clearance left.

I am running Oz Ultraleggeras 18inch 45et
nice! oz ultras 18x8 et 45 have plenty of clearance they clear macan, tts and even ttrs on 370mm without spacer

Last edited:

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I ran Neuspeeds with the TTS callipers without the need for a spacer. I'm now running Motec Ultralights and my buddy has Revos. Neither of these need a spacer.

Reactions: krs

rOcKoN92

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 R
nice! oz ultras 18x8 et 45 have plenty of clearance they clear macan, tts and even ttrs on 370mm without spacer
That’s really good to know actually, cause these wheels aint going nowhere 😂 totally in love with them.
I ran Neuspeeds with the TTS callipers without the need for a spacer. I'm now running Motec Ultralights and my buddy has Revos. Neither of these need a spacer.
Remember seeing some of these wheels somewhere, the spoke design is similar with the OZs, hence the good clearance.