GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will roll center adjusting balljoints adversely affect my stock height suspension?

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
As I sit here dreaming of new parts to add to my sportwagen, I find myself eyeing camber adding balljoints from the likes of Whiteline or 034. I have OEM R springs on my sportwagen, so while lower than stock, it sits the same as a stock R.

For the suspension gurus out there, will lowering RAISING the roll center via new balljoints adversely affect handling at my stock R ride height?

My car currently has front and rear sway bars, B8 + R springs, and a handful of other suspension mods. Currently at -2.0 camber. This car is autocrossed a handful of times per year.

Thanks!

Last edited:

GreatFallsofGreen

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GFG 7.5, 6MT
As I sit here dreaming of new parts to add to my sportwagen, I find myself eyeing camber adding balljoints from the likes of Whiteline or 034. I have OEM R springs on my sportwagen, so while lower than stock, it sits the same as a stock R.

For the suspension gurus out there, will lowering the roll center via new balljoints adversely affect handling at my stock R ride height?

My car currently has front and rear sway bars, B8 + R springs, and a handful of other suspension mods. Currently at -2.0 camber. This car is autocrossed a handful of times per year.

Thanks!
Bumping for attention; have the same question too!

I think the Eurosport’s might just be the easiest solution

scrllock

Autocross Champion

For the suspension gurus out there, will lowering RAISING the roll center via new balljoints adversely affect handling at my stock R ride height?

Thanks!
I ruined one of my stock balljoints while installing coilovers. I had some whiteline joints handy, so threw them in. I'm at roughly stock R ride height.
One, I have about a degree less caster than I should. Two, they love to slip loose. Relatively common problem.

Less caster doesn't feel great (but more camber is nice). I've seen the 034 version pop out of the knuckle on other cars. And they can't confirm whether they'll fit my brakes, and won't refund them if they don't fit. So, back to stock balljoints for me.