GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will a jb4 be a good fit for me?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I’m in Denver (high elevation) and only have access to 91 octane

Will map 2 be a good fit for me considering my circumstances?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
List your mods and if you have any, most likely the best bang for your buck is going to be a Cobb Accessport. Especially if you plan on more mods in the future.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Sure but it depends upon your goals.
Well at my elevation stock mk7.5’s seem to dyno at 205-210whp. Frankly I know I’ll never be able to see Full fat stage 1 power. 290-310whp isn’t in the cards.

I’m cool with a 50whp bump. I’d like to see a 60whp bump though.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
List your mods and if you have any, most likely the best bang for your buck is going to be a Cobb Accessport. Especially if you plan on more mods in the future.
Just the injen evolution intake. Muffler deletes. Some obd11 stuff.

The muffler deletes and obd11 stuff won’t be adding power

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Well at my elevation stock mk7.5’s seem to dyno at 205-210whp. Frankly I know I’ll never be able to see Full fat stage 1 power. 290-310whp isn’t in the cards.

You will be lucky to get 40whp on 91 at altitude, pretty sure Denver has E85 so with E30 map 4 would probably work to your goal and be safe if IATs are kept in check.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Then just get the JB4. Why aren't you going to use Cobb etc?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
60hp out of a JB4 on pump 91 is pushing it. 93 with e30 at altitude, maybe; at sea level, sure.
Good info thanks. Seems like map2 might just be a 30-40whp increase. And that’s not bad. But an accessport is only a little more than a jb4. Hmmm

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Good info thanks. Seems like map2 might just be a 30-40whp increase. And that’s not bad. But an accessport is only a little more than a jb4. Hmmm

What happened to waiting for the warranty to expire?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
What happened to waiting for the warranty to expire?
Bro I’m thinking about it LOL

Here’s my dilemma. Due to my disabilities I couldn’t drive manual anymore. I HAD to trade in my 2018 wrx. There was no way around it. My wife and kids weren’t having it. I went from falling 2-3 times a week to double that.

I didn’t want a sporty caffeinated 4 banger with an auto. I didn’t have high hopes for the dsg either if I can be honest. But I went to the dealer and test drove a dsg gti. 2020 autobahn

It was absolutely amazing! I loved it. In sport it shifts at the right rpm’s in my daily drive too. Mimicking how I drove my manuals.

I can’t work. I’m a disabled veteran. The combination of my disabilities ensures I would never be hired. As a result I only drive 300-500 miles a month. As you can imagine, I feel this sense of “keeping the warranty “ in my bones bro.

With my wrx, the rev hang and some little issues here and there with the stock tune forced my hand. In 3 weeks it was custom tuned, intake, axle back, electronic boost controller. And i dumped the new shitty Dunlop’s for pilot sport 4’s. It was an absolute beast in the corners. And on e30 she was a fire breathing dragon.

The gti, brand new with just 20 miles and on the second day got a muffler delete. I hated the lack of sound. On the 4th day the injen evolution intake was installed. Not enough wooshy sounds but at least I could hear it at wide open throttle.

And that’s it. The gti’s stock tune is very good. No odd behavior. No rev hang. No weird issues. It just feels a bit underpowered considering it’s weight.

The tires are complete garbage. But they’re getting addressed after winter for sure.

I don’t know if i should/want to piss away my ability to get repairs covered under warranty. I also don’t know how adversarial things can get with vw dealerships. This is my first vw

Things that flew in Subaru dealerships may not fly at a vw dealership and I’m not in a position to assume.

But if you have any recommendations please, I’m all ears 👍🏽

NY01

Passed Driver's Ed
Love my JB4 here in CA with crappy 91oct. I run Map 1 and occasionally will add some E85 to run Map 2. Real nice bump in power. A wonderful and reliable easy upgrade. Best part is you can just take it off and sell if you don't like it.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Love my JB4 here in CA with crappy 91oct. I run Map 1 and occasionally will add some E85 to run Map 2. Real nice bump in power. A wonderful and reliable easy upgrade. Best part is you can just take it off and sell if you don't like it.
How many gallons of e85 do you add to run map2? What e% are you hoping to hit?