GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why lock the thread?

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
So why lock the dragy thread? I like discussing the times we get. If one user is being a dick, ban them. Why make everyone suffer over one guys actions?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
That thread is a total wasteland now anyway.

And it's not one dudes actions. Everyone involved could've walked away at any time but instead it went over a cliff.

Sucks to lose a resource but that's not what it was anymore.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
That thread is a total wasteland now anyway.

And it's not one dudes actions. Everyone involved could've walked away at any time but instead it went over a cliff.

Sucks to lose a resource but that's not what it was anymore.
Because people don't know how to act and the whole thread turns into personal attacks against eachother. And then everyone reports the posts that they disagree with. It was no longer a resourceful thread.
Easy solution, start a new one.
Might ban you, gonna go to breakfast with the fam and will see how I feel after ?????

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
The MK7 Forum has managed to stay above the Facebook crowd for a long time. Please help us keep it this way. Many of us gain and share information which makes owning a Golf even more enjoyable. I know it has been good for me and I want all of you to benefit as I have. Treat people professionally. Treat them like you are at work or in public. If you have nothing helpful to say please do not say it.

If you are Mr. Tough Guy, please just pick a place to meet so we do not have to hear it. But video tape so we can admire your toughness.

We have had very good Members banned, but they were banned only due to there inability to let it go. Stay professional, as it is not worth being correct over someone you would not give the time of day to in person. Chill! Please!

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Breathe in for 4 seconds, hold it for 4 seconds, breathe out for 4 seconds, hold it for 4 seconds.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
I take responsibility for my end.. Mr. Racer does need to take a chill pill though, whenever someone disagrees with him, he is very condescending, turns to personal attacks, etc. He definitely gets the best of my temper, but you live and learn.. I won't entertain his insults any more and that's what I can take away from this. I do want to know who the hell was reporting the thread though, definitely wasn't me.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Stop mentioning it. Who cares about him and his slow car.

MODERATOR: AL MIGHTY JAY:

Can we at least have a thread to ONLY POST Dragy screenshots. 60-130, 1/4 mile , etc times and mods. Having a collection of dragy records and PROOF is an invaluable resource for some of the quicker mqbs here. No bantering, no discussion. It really was an important thread for the context of the speed oriented mqbs and Cliff did a great job keeping all the record holders listed in that spreadsheet.

Please consider a possible solution. Every modern sports car forum has a section for dragy and vbox records. Thank you for your time moderating the site.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I really liked that thread also although it was depressing to see how much slower my car is. ? It was educational for me also seeing the combination of parts and tunes that produced those results. Kind of like a build thread with proven results.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Lmao, slightly off topic but kinda related.. Anyone see the Fiesta ST thread get taken down from MQB group in around 15 minutes? ? SMH

Last edited: