GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whooped by a Coyote 5.0 Mustang…

chrismc1000

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 01 WS6
10 speeds are .5 seconds quicker in the 1/4 than their 6 speed counterpart . e85 bolt on 10 speeds are the king ding-a-ling around my part... not for much longer. though.

you would fair much better against a 6 speed gen 3. vs a 10 speed gen 3
I'd take a 6th gen camaro ss over the mustang especially for NA build

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Probably 10-11s range.
Seems about right, raced another A10 - pretty much even match and I’m running high to mid-10s.

Edit: It had an aftermarket yellow “coyote” badge, VIN says it was the premium package, I think that means 460hp.

Edit 2: It was a 2021, I think all GT’s are 460hp. If stock, maybe it had the active exhaust, sounded pretty aggressive.

Last edited:

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Not gonna lie, for as much shit as people talked about canned tunes in the DTR thread, if bolting on a DTR and flashing a canned tune means I can frustrate Mustangs with my GTI S (and remain emissions compliant) that's a pretty damn good deal

Last edited:

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Not gonna lie, for as much shit as people talked about canned tunes in the DTR thread, if bolting on a DTR and flashing a canned tune means I can frustrate Mustangs with my GTI S (and remain emissions compliant) that's a pretty damn good deal
Agreed. Just because it could be more doesn’t mean it’s not plenty fun as-is.

And similar straight-line performance to an A10 5.0 without any fueling upgrades isn’t too shabby IMO.

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp

for comparison this my bolt on is38 gti on e blend, vs a gen 3 flex tuned. Intake and exhaust 10 speed. < non brake boosted with a passenger. this car probably was in the low 10 second range 60-130

recently the car has gone 9.49 60-130 with some new parts. < i would have puppy kicked this dude into oblivion

and this is a I/E manual gen 2.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XWmQGjxZf2E

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
The late model mustang 5.0 it's certainly no slouch, but it does weigh around 3,800lbs and it's only around 400hp to the wheels. A well tuned IS38 GTI should be very comparable until you get to very high speeds

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
The late model mustang 5.0 it's certainly no slouch, but it does weigh around 3,800lbs and it's only around 400hp to the wheels. A well tuned IS38 GTI should be very comparable until you get to very high speeds
Guess that’s why a 400 whp GTI can pull on a Scat Pack from a roll - lots of power but so friggin’ heavy.

Jonnyr6

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 golf R
You are bang on.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
SmartSelect_20221220_121213_Chrome.jpg

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Thanks for contributing.

“I’m moderating.” - Ralph Wiggum

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
It's a joke, not a dick...don't take it so hard
How long have you been sitting on that one? ;)

Phalluses aside, I finally got a GoPro so my hotboi videos will now at least show some gaps.