GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who has *REPLACED* the OEM dogbone mount assembly (with OEM)?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I am nearly positive my OEM dogbone mount is shredded, and I'm trying to decide on whether to just get rid of it and go powerflex hybrid, or replace with OEM again and do the powerflex insert. NVH is a p big deal to me, so I'm inclined to replace the OEM mount and run the insert, but I've thrown so much fucking money at my engine mount situation that a final solution that achieves my initial goal of no wheel hop with an *acceptable* amount of NVH increase is highly desirable.

Should I just go hybrid?

I also recently learned about the upper 034 dogbone insert, is this compatible with the powerflex hybrid? What does the upper mount do? I just want this 10 month long fiasco to be over and done with and behind me and be happy with the ultimate outcome.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Just go hybrid man. Rip that OE piece out and start from scratch. The hybrid would not be compatible with the upper 034 since the hybrid has an upper insert already.

Calkulin

Ready to race!
The 034 upper actually added a noticeable amount of NVH, nothing serious and way more than just the lower but it does feel firm now, so that was expected

Jimdog

Passed Driver's Ed
If you can wait a week I will be installing a powerflex hybrid myself and I can give you a review. That said, currently use a cts turbo poly insert. There isn't much vibration after break in.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
BFI Stage 1, fills the lower void only.

BFI Stage 2, fills lower and upper void.

034 upper insert, fills only one side of upper void.

Powerflex Hybrid, replaces lower bush, fills upper void.

The only thing you couldn't fix the Powerflex would be a destroyed upper bush, which I've never heard of and I am not sure if its possible. I don't know of a replacement for the upper bush, maybe Superpro? And you'd have to remove the subframe to replace it I believe.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Just go hybrid man. Rip that OE piece out and start from scratch. The hybrid would not be compatible with the upper 034 since the hybrid has an upper insert already.

While I genuinely appreciate your input, because you certainly mean well - remember what happened last time I listened to you? :rolleyes:

Jokes aside. I think I'm gonna do this. Full send.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I did the hybrid and I like the design I just had a small issue and it gives quite a bit of nvh with the bfi s1 mounts but I don't mind. Wheel hop completely eliminated.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Damn I wish this thread existed 2 months ago.. I didn't know there was an upper mount.. I would've replaced it...

What’d you install? The “upper mount” is a bush, and isn’t really the part that gets shredded. It’s the lower mount/bush. And there aren’t any replacements for the upper mount, however 034 has the upper mount *insert,* which is a bird lots of companies kill with one stone (Powerflex insert/hybrid, BFI S2, some others...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
What’d you install? The “upper mount” is a bush, and isn’t really the part that gets shredded. It’s the lower mount/bush. And there aren’t any replacements for the upper mount, however 034 has the upper mount *insert,* which is a bird lots of companies kill with one stone (Powerflex insert/hybrid, BFI S2, some others...)

I would've just put a new OEM in.. I replaced the lower with REVO

REVO lower torque mount

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance

VWR dog bone mount replaces everything.

Attachments

• VWR15G703-2.jpg
    VWR15G703-2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 890