GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who has Experience with the 034 Front Sway Bar?

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
Anyone here have experience with the 034 Front Sway Bar? What do you think of it?

I have an 034 RSB on my GSW 4Motion and am considering adding the front. I would like to know if the 034 front bas specifically has a significant effect on body roll . It is advertised as a 40% increased rate compared to the OEM bar I have now. Compared to some aftermarket FSBs, this is a low increase, but I do not know what % increase is noticeable. I would also consider the H&R front bar, but it's tough to get stiffness specs out of them and I want to make sure it'll be a good match for my 034 RSB.

For reference, I have Golf R springs, B8 shocks, caster bushings, eurosport camber mounts, rear subframe inserts, solid trailing arm bushings.

Thanks

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion

8055WAGEN

Go Kart Champion
Maybe a better way to ask this question.

Let's suppose you swap your FSB and RSB for units that are 50% stiffer. Does this equate to 50% less body roll, or is it a more complicated calculation? I am guessing the latter.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Maybe a better way to ask this question.

Let's suppose you swap your FSB and RSB for units that are 50% stiffer. Does this equate to 50% less body roll, or is it a more complicated calculation? I am guessing the latter.
My swaybar post gives three scenarios later on, but yeah, it's not that simple.

david9962000

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Do you need to drop the lower subframe to install it? If you do, you might as well change the subframe to the S3 aluminum subframe.

Last edited:

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
most likely :)