GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who’s 16’ white Golf R is this? Denver - Schomp BMW

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
If PO did have JB4 on chances are it was removed. That's the nice thing about the JB4....easily removed if you are under warranty and need to take into dealer. I had to do this once for CPO water pump housing replacement on mine when I was running the JB4. Your friend probably knows this already but if the JB4 has been removed the one thing you can check is the red AFR wire at the firewall. The red wire is where you install the JB4 posi-tap into the AFR wire, so there should be a little mark + small hole that you can see. You may have to pull back the black rubber sleeve a bit and inspect the wire. Here's a pic with the posi-tap installed....

Solid little write up on how to check on this, thank you!!!

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Solid little write up on how to check on this, thank you!!!

No worries. Good luck and I see BW is your shop so I know you are in good hands! Alex, Ben, and Jaryd and rest of the guys there are awesome to work with. Cheers!

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
No worries. Good luck and I see BW is your shop so I know you are in good hands! Alex, Ben, and Jaryd and rest of the guys there are awesome to work with. Cheers!

My thoughts exactly. I’ve been going to them for several years.

It’s good to know that the previous owner used Berg Performance at least so that’s more comforting that he was talking to Performance folks.

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
Schomp BMW let me know that they found the R needed a new water pump. Kind of a big deal ticket item that I am glad they caught.

I feel the earlier R's had issues with those anyway.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Schomp BMW let me know that they found the R needed a new water pump. Kind of a big deal ticket item that I am glad they caught.

I feel the earlier R's had issues with those anyway.

Good they are getting that one done. Definitely one of the known issues. It’s the one and only thing I had covered under PO’s CPO warranty that transferred to me. Other than that no issues, but I’ve only put 4K on it since I bought in April. Just a bit under 34k miles now

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
Good they are getting that one done. Definitely one of the known issues. It’s the one and only thing I had covered under PO’s CPO warranty that transferred to me. Other than that no issues, but I’ve only put 4K on it since I bought in April. Just a bit under 34k miles now

Good to know. Neither my 15 Golf R or S3 had any issues but glad they caught that during their inspection. Not sure if it’ll be ready to test drive tomorrow but we will see. I have a taco party to go to tomorrow at 5 so might have to be during the week.

Reactions: MSH

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
I spoke today with the BMW dealer and they sent the car to a VW dealership locally to have the work done and a full-on inspection of the vehicle. I like knowing that a VW dealer is fixing and looking over the car as opposed to a different brand. Hoping I can see it again this coming weekend but no rush.

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
Schomp BMW - 16' Golf R for Sale

They have officially posted pictures of the VW Golf R for sale. Going to see it this weekend and officially make my decision to purchase or pass. I also asked for what was exactly fixed on the car since it took about 2 weeks at the VW dealer. I was originally told only the water pump but I am sure I will find out more shortly.

Keep yall posted.

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
Nice! Congrats! You have some plans/goals with the car or keeping it as is for now?

I’m currently looking for a turbo inlet hose and pipe so the flow is More even. My next step will be to get new spark plugs(no clue when last done), add BG oil additive and do both DSG and Haldex fluids.

I’m going to start calling other tuners this week to see what tune this car has as well. For the most part, bring it up to par and then figure the path I want to take.