GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whiteline Roll Center Kit

HuntR

Go Kart Newbie
I've had the Whiteline ball joints installed for a little over half a year now and made it through one NYC winter with a lot of snow and also through 2 track days and the slotted adjustments have not moved over time nor impact with NYC pothole ridden streets during and after the winter.
Good to know. Did you have to cut/mod anything to get them installed? Where they an upgrade in steering feel?

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
not the same product, but TT adjustable ball joints are also slotted and I've found them to be very stable when torqued properly.

that said yeah Whiteline seems a little precision lacking at times. The studs on their rear endlinks are excessively long (was also the case on a set for a previous BMW e90). Studs are too close the rear springs for oem springs.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Wait... Was the bolt issue not solved on these ball joints? Or are there other issues as well?

I'll need to read through the entire thread before I install mine.

king526

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi S3
Good to know. Did you have to cut/mod anything to get them installed? Where they an upgrade in steering feel?
No cutting or modding of anything required. I definitely noticed an improvement with bump steer when driving on the highway.

Dario

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7R
stock controls arms / stoptech st40 355mm kit, no issues

Attachments

• PXL_20210508_102723376.jpg
    PXL_20210508_102723376.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 332

shlimp

Passed Driver's Ed
Does it rub at full lock? Meaning 100% turned right or left. That's usually where the issue is.

Dario

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7R
thus is on full lock, checked also after the car was put on wheels, no sounds no scrape full lock both ways. all good

Attachments

• PXL_20210508_102223795.jpg
    PXL_20210508_102223795.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 282

TheContender09

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
IMG_5147.jpg

im running these with bc coilovers, whiteline control arms, racingline dog bone mount, and superpro rear swaybar. car handles amazing.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
dam so.. read the thread. I have the superpro LCAs, whiteline roll center balls and im on kw clubsports. Next step was a BBK. Yall are sayin that, no matter which kit i go with, rotor and ball joint will rub if its any thicker than the 340mm stock rotor?
Any stock rotor/bigger sexier caliper setups out there?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
dam so.. read the thread. I have the superpro LCAs, whiteline roll center balls and im on kw clubsports. Next step was a BBK. Yall are sayin that, no matter which kit i go with, rotor and ball joint will rub if its any thicker than the 340mm stock rotor?
I have seen one person with the Macan calipers on the Mk6r rotors (345x30mm) and whiteline roll center kit but that was on stock LCAs.

TheContender09

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Correct. You’re front rotors will rub or tap the heat shield.